Gill making plenty of position changes

GMoose

From what I gathered, KU has moved former LB Angus Quigley to starting running back, running back Toben Opurum to linebacker, and former NU commit Keeston Terry to DB.

Now I see what the outsiders feel like when they see our guys getting moved to DB every other day chuckleshuffle

edit- sorry mods, please move to Big 12 forum

From what I gathered, KU has moved former LB Angus Quigley to starting running back, running back Toben Opurum to linebacker, and former NU commit Keeston Terry to DB.

This is a bit off-topic, but Angus Quigley, Toben Opurum and Keeston Terry——what's with the names? Those may be the strangest three names I’ve ever seen in one sentence.

Keeston Terry to DB

This strikes me as odd too. I thought Keeston Terry would be a great WR. But he doesn’t seem nearly physical enough to be a DB.

This is a bit off-topic, but Angus Quigley, Toben Opurum and Keeston Terry——what's with the names? Those may be the strangest three names I’ve ever seen in one sentence.

Keeston Terry to DB

This strikes me as odd too. I thought Keeston Terry would be a great WR. But he doesn’t seem nearly physical enough to be a DB.

I remember many or at least several here feeling that Keeston would be a better safety prospect (as Paul would have been). The Opurum one is what surprises me. True freshman leading rusher out of Plano. He and Rex could have represented Plano well for the Big 12 North this year. Now he'll be a linebacker.

Why on earth would you move a starting running back to another position? I mean he could have easily started for them this year.

I agree it doesn't make sense. Last year he was their leading rusher and their second leading rusher graduated. I know Quigley was originally a RB but still I don't see why they moved him.

Why on earth would you move a starting running back to another position? I mean he could have easily started for them this year.

I agree it doesn't make sense. Last year he was their leading rusher and their second leading rusher graduated. I know Quigley was originally a RB but still I don't see why they moved him.

I was thinking the same thing but one thing to consider is that every school that recruited Opurum (including florida, notre dame, and Nebraska) recruited him to play fullback. Mangino was the only one who offered him to play tailback which is what he wanted to do. So maybe his skillset is better suited elsewhere. Although he did look pretty impressive against us until he tweaked his ankle.