NCAA Questions Bryce Brown, Again

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5479225

ESPN: "Former Tennessee Volunteers running back Bryce Brown recently enrolled at Kansas State and on Thursday spent about two hours answering questions on a teleconference with the NCAA about the recruiting practices of former Vols coach Lane Kiffin and staff...The interview of Bryce Brown, who will sit out this season and plans to play for Kansas State in 2011, is part of the NCAA's broadened inquiry into recruiting practices of Tennessee under Kiffin. Among things the NCAA is investigating are the timing and nature of contact Tennessee coaches had with recruits, sources said.

...Bryce has already gone through an orientation in Manhattan, Kan., and plans to be reunited with his brother Arthur, a former Miami linebacker who transferred to Kansas State and will be eligible in 2011."

ESPN: "Former Tennessee Volunteers running back Bryce Brown recently enrolled at Kansas State and on Thursday spent about two hours answering questions on a teleconference with the NCAA about the recruiting practices of former Vols coach Lane Kiffin and staff...The interview of Bryce Brown, who will sit out this season and plans to play for Kansas State in 2011, is part of the NCAA's broadened inquiry into recruiting practices of Tennessee under Kiffin. Among things the NCAA is investigating are the timing and nature of contact Tennessee coaches had with recruits, sources said.

...Bryce has already gone through an orientation in Manhattan, Kan., and plans to be reunited with his brother Arthur, a former Miami linebacker who transferred to Kansas State and will be eligible in 2011."

Seeing the two of them at KSU makes me wonder why they ever left their home state to begin with...then I come to my senses. $$$

Seeing the two of them at KSU makes me wonder why they ever left their home state to begin with...then I come to my senses. $$$

NU leaves Big 12 in 2011, the Brown bros are eligible in 2011. Hmmmm

Yahoo! Sports

This just gets more interesting...

The NCAAs investigation into Lane Kiffins recruiting practices at Tennessee led to officials interviewing New Mexico quarterbacks coach David Reaves on Tuesday, a source tells ESPN.

Reaves, who also serves as the Lobos' passing game coordinator, is Kiffins brother-in-law. Kiffin is married to Reaves sister, Layla. Reaves was on Kiffins staff at Tennessee, but Kiffin did not take him on to USC, where Kiffin coaches now.

The source said Reaves was asked about Tennessee recruiting hostesses attending the recruits high school games, calls to prospects during an all-star game and events during recruiting weekends.

Former Vols running back Bryce Brown, who is sitting out a season as he transfers to Kansas State, was interviewed by investigators last week. He has enrolled at K-State for the fall semester.

Browns father, Arthur, told ESPN, "The NCAA has asked us not to speak to the specific questions that Bryce was asked about their investigation. What I will say is that at the time Bryce was being recruited, he was already under investigation by the NCAA.

"So on our part, we and the coaches were hypersensitive and above board and didn't violate rules. We asked questions if we didn't know. He was already under investigation at that time and was cleared."

Browns eligibility had been questioned and investigated by the NCAA before his freshman year at Tennessee.

According to ESPN, Tennessee considers the NCAA inquiry to be serious and expects to receive an official letter of inquiry from the NCAA soon.