Herbstreit and Corsu Pick OU-NU Big XII Championship game

It truly doesn't matter because it has not much bearing on what happens on the field, but I'd actually feel a little.better for this team to be rated in the 10 to 15 area to begin the season. If we win, we'll get to the big game, but if we lose a couple games in the first half of the season I think we will be seen as overrated and fall farther than we would from the low teens.

I am not convinced we are that much improved, though the schedule is favorable. I am more concerned about winning the North and leaving on an up note,than getting caught up in the NCG hype. We have not beaten a top 20 team in several years even with Suh. I am not sure we will likely beat two or three highly ranked teams to fulfill the espn hype. If we stub our toe after such predictions we will fall like a stone, I fear. The good news, the players control the destiny of this last big 12 adventure!!

I agree with you on the hype...however it IS nice to see Nebraska getting some respect as national contenders again...I'm excited for our trip up to Washington...that will be our first glimpse at what Zach Lee is made of this year

I know it's a long shot, but beating TX in the regular season, OU in the Big XII title game, then beating Ohio State in the nation title game would be the best way imaginable to leave this season and transition to the next. What a year of opportunities we have set up for ourselves here.

I'd love one more game with Oklahoma.....Still remember those great half time football games out in the snow when I was a kid, then coming in a being captivated by the game. One year we were all in a friend’s basement and the husker scored causing everyone to jump up and (forgetting about the low ceiling) hit their hands on the ceiling.

Love the Kool Aid