How would YOU set up the divisions?

NUance

The East-West split split makes the most sense to me.

West Div. Protected X-div East Div.

Nebraska --------------->Penn State

Iowa------------------->Ohio State

Wisconsin--------------->Michigan

Minnisota--------------->Michigan State

Illinois----------------->Purdue

Northwestern------------>Indiana

*It geographically fits.

*The Most important rivalries are saved.

*The 6 best teams in the Conference are split. The competitive balance is there....

Agreed, except the protected rivalries are not even needed in this case. I don't understand what the point would be... Most of those rivalries don't really exist anyway.

Right, I just like the idea of Nebraska playing Penn State every year(it doesn't even have to be PSU, it can be any of the big 3 Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State that we play annually and I'd be happy). And in this new Big Ten league I think it would just be cool to establish cross divisional rivalries.

That also keeps it fair between the big 3 in the East and the Big 3 in the West. For instance Nebraska plays PSU annually, but rotates Ohio State and Michigan every two yrs. Iowa plays Ohio State annually and rotates PSU, Michigan, etc...etc....

I'm saying that it is totally random that Iowa and Ohio State have a protected rivalry, Minnesota and Michigan State, Illinois and Purdue, Northwestern and Indiana, even Wisconsin and M*ch*gan isn't that big of a rivalry. Your desire to have Nebraska and Penn State have a protected rivalry makes it so that other rivalries are totally bogus and unfair. If the divisions are split geographically, there shouldn't be any protected rivalries. The geographic separation keeps all of the important rivalries intact already. All inter-divisional opponents should rotate evenly; no protected rivalries.

Nebraska

Penn State

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Purdue

Ohio State

Michigan

Michigan State

Illinois

Northwestern

Indiana

My division split would have been SO much better. Maybe Delany lost my phone number or something. :moreinteresting