Hawkins Wants An Extension

Honestly from a recruiting standpoint this makes all the sense in the world. He was asked what they could do to help the most. That's it, start by guaranteeing who the coach will be for a few years. All this talk throughout every season of coaching changes is doing the most harm to the program. Either stand up and say Hawkins is the coach more make the damn change already so the program can get moving forward. Now with all this said, I hate Colorado and I am loving what is going on over there. laugh2.gif

You know, there's a lot of validity in that - recruits want to know who their coach will be, and generally seem these days to select as much on the coach as the school.

Having said that - is that applicable when a team has been so dog-awful for the recent memory of recruits? I think you hit the nail on the head - either give it to him and hope for the best, or get rid of him now and hope that it actually helps recruiting if you can get a good replacement that gives hope to recruits that they'll be part of a winner. sh#t or get off the pot, already...

• 4 weeks later...