College Football Live 8/27/10

I was watching this today and they had Georgia Tech and talking about their offense. I miss that style of football. They had the 2001 texas tech game on today and the triple option is just so dear to all of our hearts growing up not only watching the huskers run it, but because most of the high schools ran it, we all played it as well. Its really to bad we dont run this offense today because the defenses of today are set up to stop the spread offenses. so much for the days of the "experts" saying that the power option game is out of date.

The power option game WAS out of date. The only reason it isn't is because people stopped running it, so defenses stopped taking time to learn how to defend it, so now suddenly it works because they aren't prepared for it.

Out of date??? :facepalm:

Based on what?

TO's teams all the way until his last year (1997) were almost unstoppable. Even with all his recruiting problems several of Frank's teams averaged over 40 points a game.

If results matter at all please show me just one team from TO's 25 years or Frank's six years that was a worse offense than last year's "multiple" & "balanced" WCO (or whatever it is).