Just re-watched V.T. highlights

Yeah Matty made a horrible mistake on that play.. but he manned up to it and I think it actually went a long way in helping him become the player he became at the end of the year.

You can tell that after that game the kid must have virtually lived in the film room the rest of the season.

was it a horrible mistake, or was it a horrible slip and fall? i thought it was the latter, but i could be wrong.

Y'know, people bag on O'Hanlon for that play. But props to Matty for keeping his head up... Blackshirt has it right.

If Guillylen makes that catch in the 4th qtr (when he had NO ONE around him), chances are we're not having this conversation because we leave Lane with a W.

i wasn't being hard on him, i just was not sure. that is not the kind of game you can blame a single player or play.

SD'SKER: I wasn't saying that you were, really. When I hear people talk about that loss, they usually pick out O'Hanlon. That's just what came to mind.

I'm not sure exactly, either. He could've slipped.

i did not think you were, i just wanted to be clear. there was a big knee jerk reaction because a safety should never let an offensive player get behind him, and o'hanlon did, but still you cannot blame him. it was an unfortunate loss because we did not finish that game. they stayed in it long enough to win it. hopefully the "finish" motto sticks and they make good on their promise to themselves.

You all make good points. The mistake is just more fuel for the fire to FINISH this year. If we execute, play at a level where we in fact are capable of, then finish...the light at the end of the tunnel might just be a football shaped crystal ball. We are good enough, we just need to be consistent. Thats how Tiger Woods was so good. He was consistently good round after round where as other players might have a better score in the opening round but shoot 3 over the next. Bo knows. See you all on Saturday!!! Gooooo Biiiiiig Reeeeeeeeeeed :throwdabones1: