Will the Big 10 become the New SEC?

typ3kal

THe big10 is not considered weak because of their bottom feeders. They are considered weak because of what they do out of conference and against other really good/elite teams.

The B10 does deserve some of the bashing because of the poor performance but the league was down for about a 5-7 year period before last year. OSU laid two eggs in NCG. The year vs LSU was a crazy year and 99% of OSU fans will tell you they did not belong in that game. They lost to IL late in the season for pete sake.

The Big 10's record in BCS games is 10-11. Four of those losses came against USC in LA where many considered USC to be the best team that year. What is the B12's BCS record???

Also, the Big 10 has atleast two bowl games against mid to upper-level SEC teams, whereas the B12 has 1 and also plays a lower level SEC team in a bowl. The B10 is an even 500 against the SEC in the bowl games (virtual home games for SEC teams) in the BCS era. What is the B12 record against the SEC???

Again, some of the bashing is deserved but some is too overplayed. All conferences ebb and flow and I think the Big10 could be on an upswing if they can build on the good finish last year.

it is crazy how the perceptions for the big 12 and big 10 will change just because NU switched. the big 12 will look like a joke, worse than the big 10 ever looked. and the big 10 will look like a juggernaut, second to only the SEC, and a close second at that.

i am so excited i cannot see straight.

Heh....me too!

Adding a blue chip cfb program like NU "really" changes the perception of balance between the conferences. Even much more than I thought it would.

I love it!

I think the Big10 won't be at the SEC level yet but with a couple bowl wins vs them in the next two years could get us very, very close. I hope NU crushes an SEC team in the bowls this year!

I also think NU will bring a monster program that's fully back on the upswing to the Big10. But Michigan rebounding anytime soon....well, maybe that isn't as easy as one would hope. We lucked out w/Bo but....Bo/Stoops/Brown/Saban/Meyer/etc....there's not a lot of those guys around to be had.