HELP A NEBRASKA SCHOOL WIN 500,000!!

MODS PLEASE LEAVE THIS POST HERE FOR MOST TRAFFIC-ONE DAY ONLY!

I was walking by the Union Today and Pius X had and some very nice ladies informed me they are in the top 10 for this thing, right now they are around 8,000 votes behind! You can vote 5 times right now!

Follow the link through Facebook and help a Nebraska HS win some very needed cash!

http://apps.facebook.com/KohlsCares/school/1196051/pius-x-high-school

Top Schools--> Vote Pius X

As a Pius Grad, PLEASE do this if you can. You can vote up to 20 times, but only 5 times per school. It only takes a few seconds to vote. Anyone familiar with Pius X knows that they desperately need an kitchen. I believe they just put one in a couple years ago but it is terrible from what I've heard. When I was in school there (just graduated in 07), all we had was catered in food and vending machines, not exactly a healthy diet. And before anyone spouts off about "oh a private school doesn't need money" etc, Pius charges around 1500 a year. That is one of the lowest charges for a private high school. By comparison, Omaha Skutt is around 7500.

Thanks in advance for the vote. (it ends today)

As a Pius Grad, PLEASE do this if you can. You can vote up to 20 times, but only 5 times per school. It only takes a few seconds to vote. Anyone familiar with Pius X knows that they desperately need an kitchen. I believe they just put one in a couple years ago but it is terrible from what I've heard. When I was in school there (just graduated in 07), all we had was catered in food and vending machines, not exactly a healthy diet. And before anyone spouts off about "oh a private school doesn't need money" etc, Pius charges around 1500 a year. That is one of the lowest charges for a private high school. By comparison, Omaha Skutt is around 7500.

I went to pius too! Graduated in '09.

BTW you can actually give them 10 votes by sharing the info on twitter (even if you don't have it, it still counts) and sharing it on your wall and all that jazz.

Hasn't pius been around for like over 50 years. How do they not have a kitchen?

Hasn't pius been around for like over 50 years. How do they not have a kitchen?

Thanks everyone for the help!

And honestly I have no idea how they don't. They have been around like 53 or 54 years now, so they should have one. But I know when I was there our menu looked like...

Monday: Culvers burgers or McDonalds Nuggets or Georges Red Pepper Grill Nacho's (before the failing of a health inspection) [one of, not all]

Tuesday: Taco Inn Taco's and Burritos

Wednesday: McDonalds Nuggets or Blimpies Sub [one of, not all]

Thursday: Culvers burgers or McDonalds Nuggets or Georges Red Pepper Grill Nacho's (before the failing of a health inspection) [one of, not all]

Friday: Val's Cheese Pizza

Then there was the vending machines. The lack of a hot lunch program was something that was always mind boggling.