A very positive e-mail about two of our 2011 verbal commits

Apathy

This e-mail was forward to me today and I figured that I would share it with everybody. Heres what the guy wrote and I'm assuming in his last paragraph he's talking about Tevin Mitchel:

Hi guys!

It appears that your Cornhuskers have a real prospect in our QB, Jamal Turner of Sam Houston High School here in Arlington. He was committed to NU

last year and of course this year as well. He's a Senior, about 6' 1" and 173.

Interestingly enough, every year just PRIOR to football season starting, the Dallas Morning News lists the TOP 100 prospects from this area. (Dallas-Fort Worth and suburbs). Keep in mind there are

100's of high schools here, thus thousands of football players. Of the top 100 players listed, Jamal Turner is ranked # 5........

In the first week of games (started last Friday night) Turner was ranked # 1 as "Friday Night's BEST". The following was reported in the Dallas Morning News Saturday..............

"Turner alone accounted for 412 total yards, including 298 rushing

yards and five (5) rushing touchdowns as Arlington Sam Houston beat Crowley, 51-48." I live only 1/2 block from Sam Houston High School's practice fields and one block from the 8,500 seat

stadium......This is where my kids went to high school and son Greg was destined to be the starting QB there until he blew out BOTH knees as a Jurnior.....They were counting on

big things from him and his team mates, but it just did not work out!!

Anyway, I will probably walk up to see several Sam games this year and give you all a scouting report.......I think Turner is SO fast he can even out run the law, but I have not

seen him play yet..........:)))

Cheers and Congratulations on getting him....Oh, by the way, Nebraska is ALSO getting the # 2 PLAYER in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Area. He's a DEFENSIVE BACK, (6'', and 175 lbs..........He

plays for Legacy High School in Mansfield, Tx, (suburb just South of Arlington) where my Granddaughter, Madison plays Volleyball there at LEGACY Legacy ALSO had the # 38 over all

baseball pick in the last Professional Armature baseball draft.....He went to Toronto.

........These two football players should really help the Big Red. There is tremendous competition, extremely GOOD COACHES and football programs, and hundreds of very, very skilled,

big, fast football players here, and to be the # 2 & # 5 guys is quite amazing!!!

Cheers~~

You might want to edit out that last sentence just in case...Its particular use doesn't seem insulting but you never know, always better to play it safe. :thumbs

YIKES....I didn't notice that until you pointed it out...fixed and done :facepalm:

Please explain to the board why this guy is emailing you about two top recruits from 2011. I am a little lost.

Please explain to the board why this guy is emailing you about two top recruits from 2011. I am a little lost.

I don't know who this guy is, it was forward to me from my dad who got it sent to his work e-mail. It was also forward to a lot of other people before he got the e-mail because this was atleast forward 6-7 times w/ several other e-mails attached to each forward.

I don't even know if this guy is even a Husker fan but I thought that it was really interesting to know that what other people think of our future Huskers and their progress on the gridiron.

I don't know who this guy is, it was forward to me from my dad who got it sent to his work e-mail. It was also forward to a lot of other people before he got the e-mail because this was atleast forward 6-7 times w/ several other e-mails attached to each forward.

I don't even know if this guy is even a Husker fan but I thought that it was really interesting to know that what other people think of our future Huskers and their progress on the gridiron.

i thought this was a chain letter.. i got it sent to me about a month ago... it said i had to forward it to 10 people within 5 minutes or someone i loved would die... that or i would meet my true love before the next full moon.......