Nebraska Leaders

Passing: Martinez - 21-32, 242 yds, 0 tds

Rushing: Martinez - 21 car, 284 yds, 5 tds

Receiving: Paul - 9 rec, 123 yds, 1 td

Washington Leaders

Passing: Locker - 42-70, 555 yds, 5 tds

Rushing: Polk - 36 car, 209 yds, 1 td

Receiving: Kearse - 14 rec, 287 yds, 4 tds

I've heard all speculations about Saturday's game. -Freshman QB in a tough enviroment. -The rain could hurt our chances.-I'm nervous to play such a high powered offense. Now lets get serious, we have the best secondary in the nation. We have made Colt Mccoy, Landry Jones, Todd Reesing look like first time starting QB's last year. I know there are some new faces, but I like what I see. Is Washington going to make some big plays on offense? Probably. If anyone watched Nebraska last year you would know that we couldn't do anything. The big plays Martinez will make this year will outshine his mistakes. We have a way more powerful football team than Washington.

If we want to call ourselves a top 5 team in the nation, then Saturday is a stepping stone in that direction. Lets start to get the swagger back for Nebraska. Only being a 3 point favorite sounds easy to cover for me, but all teams have to have something to worry about, so here are mine.

-We have had a similiar schedule with two easy opponents and a tough 3rd game. Now this Washington is no USC or Vtech but this can pose some question marks.

-We have to shut down RB Chris Polk. Our passing D will be there, but the run D has to follow closely.

-I love everything about T-Magic so far, but there needs to be a time when Watson stretches the field with some vertical passes or sooner or later this will catch up with us.

*Final Analysis - Nebraska needs to play well in order for them to get some respect as a top team in the country. I see this one being an average margine of victory to get the season rolling. Yes, this game will show us a lot about this football team.

Nebraska 27 Washington 10