UT vs NU "Bash Before The Clash" ?

Orangeblood

Greetings Huskers. Congrats on being 2-0 and good luck this weekend. Nebraska already looks impressive this year and I'm excited about October 16th. (can't say I'm all that excited about you guys finding a dual threat QB, but that's a topic for another thread)

As I've mentioned on a couple of threads, myself and a 7 friends normally take one road trip a year to the best Big XII game of the season. This year of course, it's Nebraska and we'll be coming in on Friday morning. We normally have an annual football game between everyone in the group the day before these games, but this year we thought we'd open it up and see if any Nebraska fans would be open to a flag football game the Friday before the Texas game. Eight versus eight and loser buys a keg of cold beer for after game (or during the game for that matter).

Before we get a bunch of 20 something year old ex-walkon players jumping in, there has to be some ground rules to it though or else it's not going to be fun for anyone.

1. We're doing this for fun. We want to just go out there.. drink a few beers, get to know some good Husker fans and have a good, competitive game. This board seems to have some good people on it that might be interested.

2. Hopefully you all can help us with logistics. We normally just find an empty field, but if someone here knows of a good place, we'll be there.

Anyone interested?

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings Huskers. Congrats on being 2-0 and good luck this weekend. Nebraska already looks impressive this year and I'm excited about October 16th. (can't say I'm all that excited about you guys finding a dual threat QB, but that's a topic for another thread)

As I've mentioned on a couple of threads, myself and a 7 friends normally take one road trip a year to the best Big XII game of the season. This year of course, it's Nebraska and we'll be coming in on Friday morning. We normally have an annual football game between everyone in the group the day before these games, but this year we thought we'd open it up and see if any Nebraska fans would be open to a flag football game the Friday before the Texas game. Eight versus eight and loser buys a keg of cold beer for after game (or during the game for that matter).

Before we get a bunch of 20 something year old ex-walkon players jumping in, there has to be some ground rules to it though or else it's not going to be fun for anyone.

1. We're doing this for fun. We want to just go out there.. drink a few beers, get to know some good Husker fans and have a good, competitive game. This board seems to have some good people on it that might be interested.

2. The people that sign up need to be over 30 or at least close to it. If you young bucks want to get a game together, you'll have to find Texas counterparts that can run with you. Most of us are early 30's and married with kids so this is our one hall pass of the year. The rest of our "training" throughout the year consists of 16 ounce curls. ;)

3. Hopefully you all can help us with logistics. We normally just find an empty field, but if someone here knows of a good place, we'll be there.

Anyone interested?

I'm not quite thirty but I've smoked a pack a day since I was 18. Is there like some kind of chain smoking handicap?