What Kennedy is doing

formerfan

We do have one of the best. Look at all of those guys that have come in the last couple of years who were undersized. Josh Mueller and Nick Covey for example. Kennedy must really know what he is doing.

I have an issue with Kennedy, and I see it in the DL, OL, and LB, Im sure Kennedy will put 60 lbs on this guy, and on B Turner too.

That will likely cause them to lose speed and more like slow Big10 players. NU doesnt need this.

What linebacker is too big??? He made Dillard LOSE weight to regain some quickness. He made Covey and McKeon GAIN weight because they were about 205-210 coming out of high school, and all of these guys actually got faster. Small O lineman have a tough time pass blocking and zone blocking on running plays, which is a majority of the blocking schemes we run. Our D-line was credited with 5-6 sacks in the game. What the heck is your beef with Kennedy???

What the heck is your beef with Kennedy???

I dont think that DE's have to be 280 lbs to be good. Some of the best we ever had played between 230-250. And I dont think that LBs have to be 240 to be good, as most of our best played between 205-220.

And through all the BS that we were fed about the strength and conditioning of the team, they certainly didnt look overpowering Saturday.

What the heck is your beef with Kennedy???

I dont think that DE's have to be 280 lbs to be good. Some of the best we ever had played between 230-250. And I dont think that LBs have to be 240 to be good, as most of our best played between 205-220.

And through all the BS that we were fed about the strength and conditioning of the team, they certainly didnt look overpowering Saturday.

The defense didn't look overpowering? Exactly which game were you watching?

The defense didn't look overpowering? Exactly which game were you watching?

Yes, the D played well, but it was MAINE, a bad 1AA school. Maine has a horrible offense, so this "test" isnt indicative of the skill of this unit.

Lets not confuse Maine with Texas, or even Baylor. Wait until they play someone decent, and we will see how good they are. But I have a hunch they will be similar to last years squad.

The defense didn't look overpowering?  Exactly which game were you watching?

Yes, the D played well, but it was MAINE, a bad 1AA school. Maine has a horrible offense, so this "test" isnt indicative of the skill of this unit.

Lets not confuse Maine with Texas, or even Baylor. Wait until they play someone decent, and we will see how good they are. But I have a hunch they will be similar to last years squad.

Sorry, I thought when you said "they certainly didnt look overpowering Saturday." you were talking about this Saturday. :sarcasm