Was the O-Line performance due to 1 player or all?

BiggerRed

To those who saw the game, what is your analysis? It sounds like most of the pass coverage breakdown was up the middle. It also sounded like most of our runs were right up the gut. Is this a one guy problem or the whole unit? Hopefully just one guy is throwing us out of synch, which would make the problems much easier to correct.

Here is what i believe is the problem

C. Thomas was responsible for several defensive lineman getting penetration in our backfield. He was outmuscled on a few plays and sometimes just let defensive lineman blow right past him to either Zac or Cory Ross

The TE's did not block for Cory Ross. Phillips and Sievers just looked flat. When it was a rush play, those 2 (depending on who was on the field at the time) let a few DE's rush past them and on 1 play when the play had JUST begun, Phillips let a guy go right by him and stood and that guy that blew past him sacked Cory Ross. If Phillips had made a stop or prevented him from getting to Ross, Ross would have had a big hole to run through. It's sad to see members of your own offense not blocking for you just because it's a rush play. When it was a pass play, Cory Ross would tackle lineman 2 times his size to make sure Zac got enough protection and time to throw the ball.

Ola just impressed me so much. I swear he has so much heart in him that he deserves to be a starter. Anyone else see how aggresive he was? Now i don't know if he was just doing it because the coaches gave him a chance to play, but either way, that guy deserves to be a starter. If he is in, i would feel so much better about our offensive line.