Cody Green

I feel for cody, from all sounds of it, he has taken the QB race very well and has continued to practice hard. He seems to love the program. On both of his fumbles today he was just busting his butt trying to make something happen. Regardless, he is still the second best quarterback on this team (no, its not Lee). Otherwise, great game :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

I feel really bad for cody and zac... both of them are great faces for our program, Cody never waivered on his commitment despite the growing trend being to switch pledges. They both bleed Husker red, and no one can forget how gritty Lee was for us last year and how he took all the un-characteristically harsh remarks about his performance in stride and didn't offer the injury information until after the season was over. Cody was interviewed today and he was so happy until they asked him a question about T-Mart and he kind of winced. These guys are just kids, and although T-Mart is the best QB, I really feel bad for what has happened to the other two especially Zac (Hasn't played last 2 weeks).

I guess it would be easier if T-Mart wasn't so quiet or didn't seem so cocky to me. He's our guy, I just wish he was a little more likable.

Either way, Cody will always be that Nebraska recruit stereotype that would do anything for a shot to make a big play or a positive contribution, and Zac will always be this:

92426774.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0CD013FBA474944290E995FE38AEF84CB1CDD40F9C1D341B3E30A760B0D811297

92426788.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0CD01C8AB708081450E995FE38AEF84CBBC7F21C6077E301CE30A760B0D811297

I was disappointed to see Cody Green come in when he did. Before he fumbled. I just didn't see the thinking of the coaches there. Martinez is obviously the starter, and if you are on the road up by 2 touchdowns before half, you don't change anything that was already working. Wrong move, wrong time IMO.

...snip...

unless you are really saddled into the idea that Martinez should be playing all 4 quarters or something like that.

...snip...

Is that really odd thinking or something?

Nope, just that not seeing Taylor Martinez playing all 4 quarters surprised you.

I wasn't so much surprised as disappointed that the coaches actually made the move when they did. Playing Cody in the latter stages of the game seemed more appropriate, and is more customary with a comfortable lead. It's just that for me, when you are going full boar with your offense, your should be playing your #1's unless they are hurt or really need a rest.

I was disappointed to see Cody Green come in when he did. Before he fumbled. I just didn't see the thinking of the coaches there. Martinez is obviously the starter, and if you are on the road up by 2 touchdowns before half, you don't change anything that was already working. Wrong move, wrong time IMO.

...snip...

unless you are really saddled into the idea that Martinez should be playing all 4 quarters or something like that.

...snip...

Is that really odd thinking or something?

Nope, just that not seeing Taylor Martinez playing all 4 quarters surprised you.

I wasn't so much surprised as disappointed that the coaches actually made that move when they did for this game. Playing Cody in the latter stages of the game seemed more appropriate, and is more customary with a comfortable lead. It's just that for me, when you are going full boar with your offense, your should be playing your #1's unless they are hurt or really need a rest, which maybe TM did. :dunno