Kansas at #4 Nebraska, Wednesday 9/22/2010

Kansas (10-3 overall, 1-1 Big 12) at #4 Nebraska (10-1 overall, 2-0 Big 12)

When: Wednesday, September 22nd, 7pm CT

Where: NU Coliseum, Lincoln, Nebraska

TV: NET (local only)

Video Webcast: CLICK HERE (FREE!)

Audio Webcast: CLICK HERE

Live Stats: CLICK HERE

Kansas is a young team; 12 of the 19 players on the Kansas roster are freshmen or sophomores. They lost in four sets to Kansas State in the conference opener, then beat Texas A&M in five sets. The Jayhawks are led by senior OH Karina Garlington, who had 27 kills against Winthrop in four sets on September 10th to lead the Big 12 with the most kills in a single match so far this season.

Nebraskans on the Kansas roster

5599291.jpeg MB Jessie Allen, Phillips, Nebraska (Aurora HS)

Kansas wins the first set 25-21. Nebraska did not play well at all and hit only .133 while Kansas hit .243.

This NU team puzzles me. They have the talent to be dominating but they just don't seem to know how to win and win like they should. There is a lot of game left but NU shouldn't drop a game to a team like KU. Especially at home.

I wonder how mentally tough this team is? A lot of season left to tell.

Nice segment on Bridgette Root. It would be nice to see her get a shot at playng. However with her being a setter and the coaches daughter on the roster, her playing time looks less than....... even - equal.

It has nothing to do with Lauren Cook being the coaches daughter to why Bridgett Root wont play much, it is because Lauren Cook is really good and that is why she will play and not Root.

Nice segment on Bridgette Root. It would be nice to see her get a shot at playng. However with her being a setter and the coaches daughter on the roster, her playing time looks less than....... even - equal.

It has nothing to do with Lauren Cook being the coaches daughter to why Bridgett Root wont play much, it is because Lauren Cook is really good and that is why she will play and not Root.

okay...... <_<

okay...... <_<

Lauren Cook last year at UCLA won AVCA National Freshman of Year. I am pretty sure that is pretty damn impressive of an award to get and means she is a very good player. There is probably reasons why Root is 3rd string right now, probably isnt as good as the other 2 setters that play and I am sure it has nothing to due with Cook being coaches daughter.

okay...... <_<

Lauren Cook last year at UCLA won AVCA National Freshman of Year. I am pretty sure that is pretty damn impressive of an award to get and means she is a very good player. There is probably reasons why Root is 3rd string right now, probably isnt as good as the other 2 setters that play and I am sure it has nothing to due with Cook being coaches daughter.

Sure thing Dan Hawkins. Even he saw the what's what. It' took him three years - but he finally got it. There's hope, so don't quite yet. With this stated, we can drop it now as there's nothing more to add.

Nice NU win. Not a great win, but a nice win.