kick in the teeth at the right time

np_husker

I'm a little confused. Against UW Wats ran up the middle alot. Against SDSU we started to wear them down later on up front and were gaining 6-8 yds up the middle but then he would go back to that slow developing zone sweep and SDSU just stretched the field and clogged up the gaps.

I understand mixing it up and not developing tendencies but make the "D" stop you.

That's not how SW does things. That's all.....

i had a feeling this would happen.... but i think like many have said we will be better for it.... hopefully our guys can see how perilous a season can be and you have to be committed and focused 100 percent of the time in order to make things work...

i bet we come out super pissed off... now if we win big i assume we take that ENERGY and keep it bottle it and have it f'ing EXPLODE against texas which will be our 1st home game since the SDSU.... its shaping up to be gnarly!!!!!

I liked the Frazier comparison comment. And despite the fact that it's way, way, way too early, I've been having similar thoughts. Look up Tommie's stats for his freshman year -- They look surprisingly similar so far, but with Martinez hitting a lot more big plays so far. Frazier's throwing stats steadily improved over the years, but started out pretty lackluster. But he fundamentally changed Nebraska's whole game with his legs as soon as he stepped into the role. Much like Martinez did if truth be told. I know, I know, it's way too soon, and he sure didn't look so great last week, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. And if we're lucky, history just might repeat itself. We could have a good three years coming up in the Big 10 if Martinez keeps improving...