Cy's Amazing Predictions for Week 6

What a turn of events in the Big 12. The North Division seems to be on the rise while the jerks that forced themselves into and finally ruined the original Big 8 seems to suck. Nebraska, K-State, Missouri...even Colorado and Iowa State seem to be playing much better this year than the interlopers who, did I mention, finally ruined the Big 8. I heard that there is soon going to be a meeting of the new Big 12 to see about throwing out Texas and Texas Tech because they are lowering the level of play in the conference... <_<

Now to this week's games (for which I am early but am making up for last week)

Nebraska at Kansas State - This is clearly the hardest and best game available in the Big 12 this weekend and it's not even on a weekend but on a Thursday. K-State is undefeated in Thursday games this year after beating ISU at Arrowhead Stadium (Thursday night football and playing in a stupid NFL stadium...two things on the all time suck list) but who cares? Here's another fun fact...Nebraska ranks #1 in the conference in rushing offense while Kansas State is #2! Another fact...Nebraska ranks 11th in conference passing offense while K-State ranks #12. Hmmm...don't need to be a genius to figure out the game plan here huh sports fans? This game will come down to who has a better defense and which QB will screw up the least by trying to pass the ball. The numbers say Nebraska has the better rush defense so...

Winner - Nebraska

Oklahoma State at Louisiana-Lafayette - Really...what can you say about this game? Maybe that Lafeyette was named after some dude from the revolutionary war that nobody remembers? Or maybe we could talk about Lousiana-Lafeyette's stunning one point victory over North Texas and the coincidental fact that North Texas is the one university in Texas that is located closer to Oklahoma than any other Texas school? Think of the gas money La-Lafayette could have saved if they just would have hopped into their van and driven on up to the Okie State campus instead of making the Cowboys go to Louisiana. Other than that...meh.

Winner - Oklahoma State

Baylor at Texas Tech - Watching the calls for Tommy Tuberville's head on the Tech boards today after their humbling loss to Iowa State has been the most entertainment I've had all year. I could have sworn I heard Mike Leach laughing his ass off all the way from Key West where he's sitting on a beach, drinking drinks with umbrellas in them while being glad he doesn't have to be in Texax this year...actually, I'm in Iowa which kind of sucks but even I'm glad I don't have to be in Texas...ever. Baylor, meanwhile, mowed over Kansas like...uh...hay? This game is going to determine which Texas football team is the worst in the state (we already know TCU is the best). After last night, I'm going to bet that it's Tech and Tommy Tuberville, who was only hired because his initials (TT) were the same as the university's (TT)so nobody had to change the letterhead and stationary.

Winner - Baylor

Texas A&M at Arkansas - I sent a letter to the commissioner of the NCAA petitioning that this game be played in Texarkana. They refered me to the Glenwood School for the Mentally Challenged... <_< It would have been cool though...a border war played in a border town famous only for combining the names of both states that border each other...the NCAA just doesn't know what it's doing when it comes to marketing their sports. A&M looks like a pretty decent team if wins over Stephen F Austin, Louisiana Tech and Florida International is what makes you a decent team. Arkansas' victories haven't come over anybody much better but their loss came against the #1 team in the country and, besides, they weren't one of the schools that forced themselves into the old Big 8 and proceeded to ruin it. That's why they win this weekend.

Winner - Arkansas

Colorado at Missouri - These two teams are both Big 8 originals who didn't force themselves into the conference and then proceed to ruin it, at least not purposely. Sometimes their level of play on the field makes me think otherwise. But this year, Colorado has been rather surprising which, according the the CU Offical Dictionary is defined as "beating more than one BCS opponent on the football field". Missouri has also been surprising (which, in Missouri, is defined as "having all of one's teeth") Neither team really sucks or seems to be really good. They are just there I guess. Oh well, someone has to come in third in the North.

Winner - Missouri

Utah at Iowa State - Utah comes to Ames riding a #10 ranking in the polls based on impressive wins over...get this...four teams with a combined record of 4-15. How does beating up on UNLV, San Jose State and New Mexico while barely squeaking by Pitt make a team #10 in the country? Can some of you Ohio State fans help me with this...your team seems to do it all the time. Iowa State crushed Texas Tech with youthful exhuberance and not much else. Utah is kind of like Texas Tech except they weren't partially responsible for ruining the old Big 8 so we don't hate them much...I mean, it's Utah for god sake. It's bad enough they have to live there so you can't help but feel sorry for them. On a side note...Iowa State Linebacker A.J. Klein has an A tatooed on one bicep, a K tatooed on the other bicep and his number is 47. AK-47...get it? That is thinking ahead ladies and gentlemen.

Winner - Iowa State

Now...leave me alone as I contemplate the offer I just received from Texas Tech to be their next head football coach...

• Fire 3

Baylor at Texas Tech - Watching the calls for Tommy Tuberville's head on the Tech boards today after their humbling loss to Iowa State has been the most entertainment I've had all year. I could have sworn I heard Mike Leach laughing his ass off all the way from Key West where he's sitting on a beach, drinking drinks with umbrellas in them while being glad he doesn't have to be in Texax this year...actually, I'm in Iowa which kind of sucks but even I'm glad I don't have to be in Texas...ever. Baylor, meanwhile, mowed over Kansas like...uh...hay? This game is going to determine which Texas football team is the worst in the state (we already know TCU is the best). After last night, I'm going to bet that it's Tech and Tommy Tuberville, who was only hired because his initials (TT) were the same as the university's (TT)so nobody had to change the letterhead and stationary.

And looking for pirate gold . . . arrr, me matey!

***SNIP***

Utah at Iowa State - Utah comes to Ames riding a #10 ranking in the polls based on impressive wins over...get this...four teams with a combined record of 4-15. How does beating up on UNLV, San Jose State and New Mexico while barely squeaking by Pitt make a team #10 in the country? Can some of you Ohio State fans help me with this...your team seems to do it all the time.

***SNIP***

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound