Hurt in the Big12 Heartland

“I don’t know what to expect,” Osborne conceded. “I’ve heard and expect more nasty comments in some places. There will be others that will be more respectful. I do know everyone in the Big 12 is going send us out with a loss.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/07/sports/ncaafootball/07nebraska.html?display=screen

Wait, what? We're going 0-8 in Big 12 play? Way to have confidence in the squad, Tom.

:sarcasm

I wonder if he mispoke or they actually typed it wrong on purpose :D

I'm not sure, but I laughed. Kinda seems like one of those classic Osborne remarks, where he makes fun of someone, and everyone responds with a double take.

I'll admit that quote threw me for a loop, but once I consulted the Tao of Dr. Tom, I realized that was just a classy "presser send-off" way of saying that the University will miss the historic and long-standing rivalries that we will lose with our jump to the Big-10.

11-1

That's all I have to say. Big 12 fans from KSU, ISU, KU, Mizzou, ANY OF THEM.....they made their oen bed with the constant 11-1 votes. They can no longer milk Nebraska and the huge revenue increases when we come to town. I can't think of a better way to leave the Big 12 then to win the CCG and take there trophy with us.

But they are not taking any chances, either. Kansas State’s athletic director, John Currie, sent a letter out to fans on Monday, asking them to live up to their reputation as classy supporters.

“We pride ourselves at K-State on the people and how well-respected our fans are across the nation,” a part of it read.

“We expect nothing less than Bill Snyder Family Stadium to be rocking Thursday night, but it is also a part of our mission as an athletics program to provide the best fan experience possible to both our fans and those visiting Manhattan.”

When were their fans classy supporters? Is that when they annually won 2 games a year, and their stadium was 85% red, and the only fans they had were REAL fans?

Cuz since their little run in the 90's-00's, KSU fan is right along side with Mizzou and CU fans as far as a-holes go.