Memorial Stadium expansion

It'd be nice if they actually put SEATS in the stadium.

Yes. SEATS.

With the record sellout as it is, it would be nice to actually reward the butts that fill it.

They are adding more seats. I'm more for rewarding the donors though. People keep making arguments about joe six pack this or that, but the big donors are the ones who foot the bill for renovations / student life center / multicultural center addition to the union etc.

Really, the addition is an attempt to appease both groups. More boxes for corporate and private parties and more seats for joe schmo.

Although, it doesn't matter if they add more joe schmo seats because one still needs to make a sizable donation to the university to even purchase their tickets. Not to mention Joe Schmo would need to donate quite a bit to even move up in priority points to get a crack at tickets. Ultimately, season tickets aren't for the run of the mill hourly wage person.

http://www.huskers.com//pdf8/695324.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=100

This expansion, in my opinion, will help the university. The stadium will still sell out every game, because I'm sure we wouldn't expand this many seats if we knew for sure that we wouldn't fill them every game.

I can't count the number of times that friends have asked me for tickets while they were in town, only to be left to watch the game at a sports bar, or what have you.

This expansion is going to be just what the stadium needs.