Congrats to Texas (I know you'll miss us)

I know this is shallow and not a thing a Husker fan should say, but I never want to see texas burnt orange or horns again

Oh, now...be honest, Warlord. When you look at it dispassionately, wouldn't it be nice to have one more shot at us in the Big XII Championship? Between winning today, and winning the conference, I'd think you'd find it much sweeter to win the conference...especially if you get to beat us in the process. And if that's the worst thing any of you says about the Longhorns on these boards, there are fans from a whole bunch of boards that need to come hang out here and study "class." GBR. Hope we can meet again, in December.

yes I would love that shot, but on the other hand, it would be better to play an undefeated oklahoma team, it would make us look better, but winning against you in the big 12 championship would be the "bees knees"

I had no reason or cause to expect good things from this game, but being a homer fan, I of course had hopes that Texas would prevail. That was by far the best Texas has played all season. The coaches finally let the offense loose and it made a world of difference. Also, Texas finally played a game without shooting themselves in the foot with dumb penalties on every drive.

The game could have been a lot more interesting had Nebraska executed better, but it looked to me like Texas was the better team today.

This still baffles me. Texas always plays their best game against us.

Congratulations to the Texas team and fans. You executed your game plan to near perfection. Although I will likely never cheer for a Texas team (with the exception of having the Rangers beat the Yankees, but then after that I will cheer for the National Leauge), hats off to you. I watched the game on television and the game was won by the team that executed. For whatever reason, you have a mental edge on us and although I still believe we have a team that is capable of playing well–you did what you needed to do to win. I hope you were treated cordially and Mack Brown said after the game that he will miss playing Nebraska in the future. I can't help but think that he will miss the almost yearly guaranteed win that always comes with plenty of excitement and anticipation. Of course, we'd like to have another shot at you in the Big XII championship game, but we showed that we probably have some things to improve on to get to that point. I hope you want the same and perhaps we'll see you again in another couple months. Good luck the rest of the way.

Classy thoughts. Mack has stated that TO is one of his heroes, and that he enjoys the cordial (classy) reception we get when we come to Lincoln...and the nearly unique combination of sportsmanship and passion that your fans embody. He was struck by the NU fans chanting "Heisman, Heisman" at Ricky Williams after his game in Lincoln. I've experienced your class firsthand, and it astounded me. At the first Big XII Championship (don't tell anyone, but I was torn...I love UT, but wanted Nebraska to win 3 straight national championships; woulda turned out to be 4, had we not screwed it up), despite the fact the Horns had just dashed your hopes for the NC, over a dozen different NU fans made a point of congratulating me over the victory. I also recall with distaste a few drunk UT fans who demonstrated the dark side of the sportsmanship spectrum. We hate to see y'all leave the Big XII. One more December game with you would be nice, and fitting--whoever wins.

See it's strange but after yesterday I feel like i have a deep respect for texas now. I guess I envy your ability to get up for big games and I can appreciate coming into our house and out-playing us.

Sorry Texas, i'm not pulling for a rematch with you in december. I want OU. After today it's clear we cant beat Texas. That's just the way it is. It's time to move on.

:facepalm: That's exactly how I feel. The only statement I'd change is "we cant beat Texas" to "we won't beat Texas." We're capable of beating anyone, including our burnt orange kryptonite, we just won't do it.

That being said, there's a lot of football still to be played this season, and with all the upsets and crazy games we've seen already, I definitely won't rule out another meeting with Texas in Dallas come December.

You said it, "wont" beat texas. Thank you. I want whats best for the team and the program, that does not involve any more matchups with Texas. :facepalm:

I had no reason or cause to expect good things from this game, but being a homer fan, I of course had hopes that Texas would prevail. That was by far the best Texas has played all season. The coaches finally let the offense loose and it made a world of difference. Also, Texas finally played a game without shooting themselves in the foot with dumb penalties on every drive.

The game could have been a lot more interesting had Nebraska executed better, but it looked to me like Texas was the better team today.

This still baffles me. Texas always plays their best game against us.

It mostly stems from tendencies of the coaching staff to be too conservative (and hamstring the offense). This season in particular though, the team had (up until this game) been shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties at critical moments throughout games. As bad as your receivers were in dropping passes that game, Texas' receivers have been doing same all year. This game seems to have been a turning point for the coaching tendencies and stupid penalties. The jury is still out on the receiving corps.

Colorado always plays their best game against us. With Texas, I'd say it's the other way around. *WE* always play our best game against Texas. Playing them close when we have no business to. This year, Texas got off track but I wouldn't say they had no business playing us close. 2002, 2006, 2007, and last year...all examples of us nearly beating Texas when we really weren't expected to come especially close.