All Hail the Blackshirts

Washusker

The speed of this unit is amazing. Now, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Let's face it, Maine and Wake are not exactly OU and UT. However, whether it's Bradley, Turner, Bowman, or any one else, it is clear that this defense can RUN. I love the depth at D-Line, have been impressed by the linebacking core (although I hate to lose Octavien), and so far the D-backs have been solid (although Texas Tech looms).

Point being, as this unit matures, it's clear that the Blackshirts are back on track. Speed, speed, and more speed.

As for the offense, I'll refrain from tearing ZT and Co. a new hole. Let's just say I've yet to be impressed, and we can't afford to have them be outscored by the Blackshirts every week. Unless we find this elusive "rythym" that BC keeps looking for, our troubles are going to bite us in the rear, REAL soon.

I'm not sure we face a team that can run the ball as well as WF. If there are teams more well balanced then there is credible concern. Unless there are more injuries the D will continue to prove the wealth of talent NU has. Pitt got beat and does not have near the running capability that WF has. Pitt has to be concerned for their own health now.

GBR GBR GBR

It appeared to me this week, that the Offense is Slowly getting better. this week we did not have as many droped passes,(however we still had some that Probably should have been caught) Our O line has got to get better, we out weighed WF up front by 50 lbs and it appeared that we could not open any holes for our backs. All and All I think we are improving there are always a few Kinks when U install a new "power Source" into things

I love our D Fence! I will be at the Pitt game and will watch Palko get dragged off the field on a gator kart. Very impressed with the D. We may have to rely on the Blackshirts for awhile longer until the offense clicks, i liked the 3rd quarter drive which took most of the quarter. I think the O will come together. Lets celebrate this win and enjoy the spoils :smokin