Looking Forward to Missouri

epocSoN

I am extremely glad we're the underdog in this one. We've played like sh#t at home and they come in with a better record and ranking. Our guys play up a lot better than they play down.

That said, Mizzou's defense looks fast and mean, and they are very good at forcing turnovers. Their defensive line is good and I see Martinez having problems. He had better not try that last minute pitch sh#t against them either or we'll be down early. We need to work the pass like we did today.

Offensively they are nowhere near as good as OSU. They do have a good threat at RB though and Gabbert is good with time. Our D-line needs a big step up.

All in all you couldn't ask for a better setup to this game. Our defense got embarrassed, our corners will be looking to prove themselves, and we'll be an underdog in Lincoln. Mizzou just won and is probably full of themselves as can be. If we don't turn the ball over and balance running/passing, we win.

The defense will be fine, tho missouri will probably score more than the 12 they did a year ago. After watching the game again today, it's clear , missed tackles and two long fluke pass plays that prince lost because of his height disadvantage to blackmon. the tackling you can count on getting fixed.

Can we though? This is the second week in a row that the tackling has been garbage. I know we have a capable defense, I'm just not really sure what the deal is these past 2 games

It was far better today. IF it keeps improving we will be fine.

I had to listen to the 2nd half on radio. watching the first half, i thought the tackling was horrible in the first half.

Here's my sunny optimism for the week.

It doesn't matter how good your secondary is. You could clone two Eric Berrys at safety to match up with Prince and Dennard and it wouldn't matter. When your D-line cannot get an ounce of pressure and is literally being demolished by the big run against teams that can even present the idea of balance, you're looking at a long day at the office.

Okie Lite's defense was crap all season. We do great against crap defenses, especially when we don't put the ball on the turf five times and drop three touchdown passes. We won't be scoring no fifty points against Missouri. If our defense doesn't take a massive step forward in tackling and gap responsibility in the next week, I see Missouri cruising to a sad and easy W.

The Tigers have finally begun to do what they need to do to establish their program as something relevant––play defense. They might not be Alabama, and I think a team like Oregon would leave scorch marks on them, but they're definitely headed in the right direction. Add to that the disturbing trend we've had with home games, I'm leaving the koolaid in the fridge.

A huge plus 1, could not have said it better..