Looking Forward to Missouri

epocSoN

OK, I am now a little worried about this one.

They beat Oklahoma, the #1 team in the BCS. And our defense got exposed in a big way that I never would have expected. Not sure what it was really. Ultra-talented receivers? With the game last year having been in the rain, we can't discount the possibility that we haven't faced Gabbert playing at full speed. And the confidence of throwing our D out against anyone has taken a bit of a hit.

Also, I am guessing Missouri's defense is quite a bit better than OK State's.

But this would be a huge win, if we get it. I hope we do.

It's probably the best thing that could've happened though. Bo has a "project" to work on this week, and Missouri winning makes us the underdog, which might help make up for our flat home game performances.

OK, I am now a little worried about this one.

They beat Oklahoma, the #1 team in the BCS. And our defense got exposed in a big way that I never would have expected. Not sure what it was really. Ultra-talented receivers? With the game last year having been in the rain, we can't discount the possibility that we haven't faced Gabbert playing at full speed. And the confidence of throwing our D out against anyone has taken a bit of a hit.

Also, I am guessing Missouri's defense is quite a bit better than OK State's.

But this would be a huge win, if we get it. I hope we do.

It's probably the best thing that could've happened though. Bo has a "project" to work on this week, and Missouri winning makes us the underdog, which might help make up for our flat home game performances.

I am going to respectfully disagree with you zoogies as I hold your opinion in very high regard. I don't think our defense was exposed. We surely did not play well, but Gundy knows offense like Pelini knows defense. OSU's offense is so much more balanced than MU's is. With Compton back next week I think we will be just fine. It will be tough, but with what has happened I think we pull this one out.

The defense will be fine, tho missouri will probably score more than the 12 they did a year ago. After watching the game again today, it's clear , missed tackles and two long fluke pass plays that prince lost because of his height disadvantage to blackmon. the tackling you can count on getting fixed.

Can we though? This is the second week in a row that the tackling has been garbage. I know we have a capable defense, I'm just not really sure what the deal is these past 2 games

The defense will be fine, tho missouri will probably score more than the 12 they did a year ago. After watching the game again today, it's clear , missed tackles and two long fluke pass plays that prince lost because of his height disadvantage to blackmon. the tackling you can count on getting fixed.

Can we though? This is the second week in a row that the tackling has been garbage. I know we have a capable defense, I'm just not really sure what the deal is these past 2 games

It was far better today. IF it keeps improving we will be fine.

Watching Sports Center now. The thing that scare me about Mizzou is how many of their yards come after contact. Many of their plays come after someone thinks they got the tackle, and Mizzou just keep chugging until the whistle is blown. A couple of the TDs should have been stopped but on 2nd and 3rd effort they drag 3-4 defenders with them across the line.

I think this is where our D has been very weak this year and giving up before the lay is over. We lay a smack down and expect the other team to give up because we hit them. It will be a rough game I think.