Few random thoughts about yesterday

Husker66

Just a few random thoughts...

1. I took my dad who had not been to a game since 1973! the crowd was off the hook yesterday Lincoln was rocking and I still can't talk, great time. last time he was there the stadium held like half the people...

2. I think as a fan base, we are ultra sensitive to bad calls/missed calls as some kind of conspiracy thing.I agree its hard not to be with Beebe, etc. There were a lot of bad calls on both sides of the ball. I am nervous about potential suspension talk this week. but, I have a friend who is a big 12 ref, and I cannot say I think he would work us as part of a conspiracy. MU fans thought the game was horribly called and they got screwed....go figure.

3. the last Helu run was big, but I thought the game momentum changer was definitely the goal line stand. You could see how frustrated Gabbert was when they couldn't get into the end zone. That was the money shot.

4. Mid way through the 3rd quarter, I was nervous. Had MU ran tha ball at us more and not lined up in the spread with no one in the backfield, we could have really had problems. You cannot telegragh to one of the top pass cover defenses that you are going to pass right now.

5. Dont know how to do it, but we have a hell of a time covering quarterbacks when the pocket breaks down and they can remotely run. that would be my game plan against us, run look, use the coverage deep as a decoy and then run the ball..kinda like we would like to do with T Mart.

6. I sat there after the game yestarday and just took it all in. I will miss the Big12. I will miss not being able to go to any game I want within a few hours( I live in KC). It will be strange not playing MU since after WW1 next year.

I gotta give it to the fans yesterday, it was freaking loud in there... Really, really, really loud... My section normally sits on there hands, but this was awesome, everyone was standing, clapping, and shouting.... I haven't had that much fun at a game in years, heck maybe ever...

Props to Zach Lee, he played a heck of a half, I dont know who said it on here, that he would save our bacon at some point, and they were right.

A long tradition came to and end last night, cant really call it a rivalry, but good luck to Mizzou...