Blaine Gabbert is...

GMoose

I don't have any kind of personal problem with Blaine Gabbert at all, but I guess I wasn't nearly as impressed as most on this board. I was impressed with his physical skills, but we already knew about his cannon for an arm, accuracy and all that. I thought he did an awful job of managing and leading the way a quarterback should.

From the outside looking in, it did appear that he did an awful job of managing the game especially in the third quarter. However, we do not know how much of this was his fault. We don't know if the OC was getting the plays in late. We don't know whether or not the Mizzou staff had the right players in there for the plays that were called. Etc. Freeman was a pretty high draft choice, and I've got to think Gabbert is a lot better than Freeman. The biggest reason I cut him some slack is because of our goalline stand. Mizzou had like 6" to get into the endzone. Their OC dialed up two running plays from the gun? I think the Mizzou coaches should accept the majority of the blame. I'm still trying to figure out why after having so much success running against OU that Mizzou chose not to against us. If Mizzou makes the long fieldgoal and gets into the endzone rather than settling for a fieldgoal, the game looks completely different. I thought for the most part Gabbert did everything in his power to win the game. We won that game because we won the trench war. Our OL dominated them, and our DL dominated them.

Again with the if this happen or that happened, what if. Give it a break as I said in another post before game time. I said the little tigers are going to have to prove it! No excuses, bring the players that can play and the Husker will do the same. Prove that they deserved to go to the conference title on the Huskers ball field. The game is over, they were not prepared, they mentally were lost for awhile. A little to late, period. Either they beat us or not. Not what if, it did not happen.

I did say no excuses!!

:troll:

I don't have any kind of personal problem with Blaine Gabbert at all, but I guess I wasn't nearly as impressed as most on this board. I was impressed with his physical skills, but we already knew about his cannon for an arm, accuracy and all that. I thought he did an awful job of managing and leading the way a quarterback should.

From the outside looking in, it did appear that he did an awful job of managing the game especially in the third quarter. However, we do not know how much of this was his fault. We don't know if the OC was getting the plays in late. We don't know whether or not the Mizzou staff had the right players in there for the plays that were called. Etc. Freeman was a pretty high draft choice, and I've got to think Gabbert is a lot better than Freeman. The biggest reason I cut him some slack is because of our goalline stand. Mizzou had like 6" to get into the endzone. Their OC dialed up two running plays from the gun? I think the Mizzou coaches should accept the majority of the blame. I'm still trying to figure out why after having so much success running against OU that Mizzou chose not to against us. If Mizzou makes the long fieldgoal and gets into the endzone rather than settling for a fieldgoal, the game looks completely different. I thought for the most part Gabbert did everything in his power to win the game. We won that game because we won the trench war. Our OL dominated them, and our DL dominated them.

Again with the if this happen or that happened, what if. Give it a break as I said in another post before game time. I said the little tigers are going to have to prove it! No excuses, bring the players that can play and the Husker will do the same. Prove that they deserved to go to the conference title on the Huskers ball field. The game is over, they were not prepared, they mentally were lost for awhile. A little to late, period. Either they beat us or not. Not what if, it did not happen.

I did say no excuses!!

What the...???!?! You're calling Junior a troll? :laughpound

Disagree with him if you want, but Junior is one of the pillars of HuskerBoard. The guy is a troll like I'm the Pope.

i got to say, i was impressed with him. he is a great qb, probably best in the conference. also, his receivers made some incredible receptions and plays. nonetheless, our defense was in lockdown mode and could not have done much better shutting down that offense.

Blaine is the better NFL prospect, but I'd take Robert Griffin in the college game any day of the week and twice on Saturday.

I did say no excuses!!

What the...???!?! You're calling Junior a troll? :laughpound

Disagree with him if you want, but Junior is one of the pillars of HuskerBoard. The guy is a troll like I'm the Pope.

Have you ever seen the image of the Catholic Pope? I know some of the pillars had doubts of the Huskers before game times and I do not like it. Too many ifs, and a QB that did not want to go to NU. People feed into too many ifs and what could of been. Deal with what we have for a team in wins and losses, today, here and now. Or root for another team.

Have you ever seen the image of the Catholic Pope? I know some of the pillars had doubts of the Huskers before game times and I do not like it. Too many ifs, and a QB that did not want to go to NU. People feed into too many ifs and what could of been. Deal with what we have for a team in wins and losses, today, here and now. Or root for another team.

:wasted

OK. Whatever you say.