Blaine Gabbert is...

GMoose

and last but not certainly least, Mr. Cody Hawkins

I cannot wait for this game against Young Mr. Hawkins.

if he comes back and plays...or it just may become the addition of hansen

Hansen is out for the season with a ruptured spleen. Hawkins is their guy for the remainder of the year.

Ouch..I'm surprised I didn't hear about this until now. Both Hawkins and Hansen have a tough time playing quarterback but Hansen (to me) seemed to always give them the better chance to win.

You guys can bag on him all you want, but he's a pretty good QB. He may just be the best in the Big 12. I highly doubt he'll give any thought about what Nebraska fans think of him when he's playing for millions on Sundays. If Locker is a top 20 draft pick, Gabbert should/would be higher because he's a more polished passer and better QB. Quite frankly, I'm glad we don't have to face him again.

You guys can bag on him all you want, but he's a pretty good QB. He may just be the best in the Big 12. I highly doubt he'll give any thought about what Nebraska fans think of him when he's playing for millions on Sundays. If Locker is a top 20 draft pick, Gabbert should/would be higher because he's a more polished passer and better QB. Quite frankly, I'm glad we don't have to face him again.

I don't think there's a question of whether or not he's the best QB in the Big12. That's why I'm so proud of our guys :bonez

I don't have any kind of personal problem with Blaine Gabbert at all, but I guess I wasn't nearly as impressed as most on this board. I was impressed with his physical skills, but we already knew about his cannon for an arm, accuracy and all that. I thought he did an awful job of managing and leading the way a quarterback should.

He has to prove it on the next level. He better work on the college level first before fans put him in the draft race. I seen that these experts are mocking up a profile of projection of the draft for him. What it may look like, a little to early but I guess he would do well. He needs to work on many areas of his game. One, do not forget to bring your A game. Thank Pinkel and staff for a unprepared event. The most important one is leadership. You can not have a QB who has good skills and no leadership. He is a Junior and he should know that. Plus, he got rattled and it did not help his team. When he does go to the draft, he will not be drafted for his speed!

Nebraska loved playing against Locker and crew, what was your problem?

If Missouri plays even an average QB last Saturday, we win that game 50+ - 0. The ONLY thing that kept Misery in that game was Gabbert's ability to rifle passes into VERY tight spaces. He didn't hit an open WR all day, they were blanketed.

I don't care much for him, mainly because he plays for Mizzou, but I don't hold his decommitment against him, there was just way too much crap going on in our program for him to be comfortable with it. HOWEVER, I do feel like his family lacks a LOT of integrity by the way they handled his little brother's.

a Five-star recruit we wanted very bad. He's been everything we had hoped for as a QB, in fact, had we had him last year and this we might not only have had better seasons but might also had attracted some better talent at WR. He's much like Freeman, a QB we missed out who had we landed would have made a big impact on those seasons and the recruiting classes. As with Freeman, both did not put up numbers to beat us but it was more than obvious why we recruited them and why we like to hate QB's and players who de-commit from us. He will go onto the NFL, just like Freeman and be a good QB ... and they will not hold the "N" on their heads for years to come ... and we will be the one's who will wonder "what would have been."

I wish Gabbert and Freeman all the best. I love their character and the way they play the game. All the best to you ... I'm just glad we got the best of you in your college days ... we were fortunate.

SheepdogMark

I don't have any kind of personal problem with Blaine Gabbert at all, but I guess I wasn't nearly as impressed as most on this board. I was impressed with his physical skills, but we already knew about his cannon for an arm, accuracy and all that. I thought he did an awful job of managing and leading the way a quarterback should.

From the outside looking in, it did appear that he did an awful job of managing the game especially in the third quarter. However, we do not know how much of this was his fault. We don't know if the OC was getting the plays in late. We don't know whether or not the Mizzou staff had the right players in there for the plays that were called. Etc. Freeman was a pretty high draft choice, and I've got to think Gabbert is a lot better than Freeman. The biggest reason I cut him some slack is because of our goalline stand. Mizzou had like 6" to get into the endzone. Their OC dialed up two running plays from the gun? I think the Mizzou coaches should accept the majority of the blame. I'm still trying to figure out why after having so much success running against OU that Mizzou chose not to against us. If Mizzou makes the long fieldgoal and gets into the endzone rather than settling for a fieldgoal, the game looks completely different. I thought for the most part Gabbert did everything in his power to win the game. We won that game because we won the trench war. Our OL dominated them, and our DL dominated them.