I'm looking at some LED-LCD TV's

My wife gave me the OK to get another flat panel TV and I've had my eye set on two 55" Samsungs for a few months until today. I'm not a fan of Vizio and I've always down played them as Wal-Mart brand TV. I always go to Cnet.com for my reviews on TVs because I respect their opinons and their reviews. Last time I bought a TV I decided to go with a Sony instead of a Samsung that got their editors choice award and to this day I regret not getting that Samsung. So I was looking to see what the best LED-LCD TV on the market is and long behold they have a Vizio as #1 and as their editors choice award. The model of the Vizio is XVT553SV and from what I got from the review was that it had one of the best pictures compared to all of other LED-LCD TV's on the market with good blacks and for the price (1,698.00) you can't beat this TV. One thing that I did learn is that this Vizio can't handle the 1080p/24 and I wasn't for sure what that meant. I think 24 frames per second? Anyways would anybody get a Vizio and do you or anybody that you know own a Vizio?

Here are the reviews on the two TV's that I'm looking at.

Vizio XVT553SV 55" LED-LCD TV w/ 10,000,000:1 contrast ratio

Samsung UN55C6500 55" LED-LCD w/ 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio

Samsung UN55C6900 55" LED-LCD w/ 7,000,000:1 contrast ratio

Vizio is for real. Their value comes in being a good value (best bang for your buck). The picture will never be the BEST, but it will almost always be the best at that price. With that being said, 1080p/24 is the standard framerate for films, specifically most blu-ray's. Believe it or not, most HDTVs can't display this properly, because they're encoded at 1080p/60. Only tv's with a framerate that is a multiple of 24 can display them correctly (correctly meaning the exact same way they're seen in the theaters). This isn't even close to an issue for most people, if you know of one of these models near you go see if they can play a blu-ray in it for you, and decide for yourself.

Outside of that, the only other advice I would give you is that you should look at some refurbished deals. Refurbished tv's are a fantastic value if you ask me, and if you couple it with a two+ year warranty, you saved hundreds on a tv that is essentially brand new, and entirely insured.

What are you planning on using the TV most specifically for? Like just as a normal TV to watch shows and the games on or are you a huge movie buff or gamer? I guess I'm trying to see why you'd want an

LED and more specifically an LED-LCD TV more then an LCD or a Plasma before going to indepth on models and types.

And on the line of Frame Rate & Contrast ratios, refresh rates and such, the human eye has already been tested multiple times (mainly on LCDs) that you get to the point where you can't tell the difference. To me it's just a

giant marketing ploy when they throw out numbers like 240hz refresh rate and TrueHD because 1080p is not TrueHD.

What are you planning on using the TV most specifically for? Like just as a normal TV to watch shows and the games on or are you a huge movie buff or gamer? I guess I'm trying to see why you'd want an

LED and more specifically an LED-LCD TV more then an LCD or a Plasma before going to indepth on models and types.

And on the line of Frame Rate & Contrast ratios, refresh rates and such, the human eye has already been tested multiple times (mainly on LCDs) that you get to the point where you can't tell the difference. To me it's just a

giant marketing ploy when they throw out numbers like 240hz refresh rate and TrueHD because 1080p is not TrueHD.

I will be using this TV to watch movies (Blu Ray and DVD), sports, gaming, and some regular tv shows.

I'm more drawn to the LED-LCD TV's because the picture seems brighter and a lot sharper compared to LCD's from comparing them side by side at Best Buy. From what I've heard 240hz hasn't been such a great hit with the market.

I will be using this TV to watch movies (Blu Ray and DVD), sports, gaming, and some regular tv shows.

I'm more drawn to the LED-LCD TV's because the picture seems brighter and a lot sharper compared to LCD's from comparing them side by side at Best Buy. From what I've heard 240hz hasn't been such a great hit with the market.

Vizio is a solid TV, a friend of mine has one and he couldn't be happier.. Unless you are a massive film buff the 24 fps will not be an issue, although the 120hz helps smooth things out, especially in a football game, or anything with a long movement across the screen, with a 60hz sometimes a long pass will not move smoothly across the screen.

Is the room your putting it in a basement, or darker most of the day, if so dont sell yourself short, by not looking at a Plasma. LCDs look awesome in a store like best buy due to the harsh light, a plasma isnt as bright and people shy away from them, even though most plasma beat the pants off LCD. Either way spring for a professional calibration, or I think they sell Blu-ray calibration disk now. It seems like a joke but it really does make a huge difference. If you live in Lincoln go to Schafers and look at the set up they have explaining it.