Greetings from Michigan

Shoot......I'll even go a bit further and say had Michigan had to play NU in 1997, they would still be waiting for a title in the modern era. Geez, it would be some 60+ years. They plain got lucky, period, with the Big 10/Pac 10 not wanting on board with everyone else. And its not just me who feels this way, most college football fans know as much, (Vegas would have made NU a 8-9 point favorite as I remember) unless you are associated with Michigan football. They know it as well, but would never admit it.

I have to admit I was in high school back in 97 and did not pay much attention to college football nationally. I did not see Nebraska play at all that year, but I would have liked to have seen the two play. Michigan may not have won, but what I remember about that team is the nasty defense. A lot has been said on the Michigan boards about our defense giving up 65 points last week and our 97 defense giving up 60 points through 8 games I believe. And Tennessee had a rough year that year. Peyton is equally not fond of Charles Woodson. :)

I have to admit I was in high school back in 97 and did not pay much attention to college football nationally. I did not see Nebraska play at all that year, but I would have liked to have seen the two play. Michigan may not have won, but what I remember about that team is the nasty defense. A lot has been said on the Michigan boards about our defense giving up 65 points last week and our 97 defense giving up 60 points through 8 games I believe. And Tennessee had a rough year that year. Peyton is equally not fond of Charles Woodson. :)

Its cool. I was in elementary school. The only thing I know about that Michigan team is that they didn't deserve a share of the title. :lol:

Welcome to Huskerboard and enjoy your stay.

We appreciate the kind words and even though I'm personally not a big fan of Michigan, I have a lot of respect for their history and tradition.

Believe me when I say that I'm feeling your pain with Rich Rod right now. Nebraska had many streaks end when Callahan was at the helm, one of our most important ones being our bowl streak. Big programs can't stay on top forever, but I'm sure that Michigan will eventually get things turned around. They have too many fans, too many boosters, and too much interest in the football program to let it all just go to the wayside.