Howdy, Huskers!

How goes it, Husker Nation?

Just wanted to let y'all know how much I'm looking forward to this weekend! It will be my last game as a member of the 12th Man (student section @ Kyle Field), and regardless of the outcome, I know it will be an enjoyable experience having y'all make the trip down to College Station. My favorite fans in the Big 12 by a wide margin, and it's not close. Will be sorry to see y'all go.

Now, on to football!

I wouldn't have said this a few weeks ago, but I believe y'all may be in for one of your tougher tests when you visit Kyle Field. After a tough losing streak, the switch at QB seems to have ignited both the team and the fanbase. I'll stop well short of calling Ryan Tannehill a "savior," but his demeanor and leadership under center has been infectious as the season wears on. For those who don't know, he's played last season and half of this season as a WR, so he's no stranger to the field. Our RB, Cyrus Gray, isn't necessarily going to wow you with speed or bowl anyone over, but time and again he finds ways to get his yards and wear down a defense. He's rushed for 100+ yards in four consecutive games--it will be interesting to see if he can keep up that torrid pace against the Blackshirts.

For those who haven't seen Jeff Fuller play, let me just say that he is a physical specimen of singular talent. He plays vertically--a tough 1 on 1 cover for any defensive back. OU had some success keeping him doubled, but the rest of the receiving corps including Uzoma Nwachukwu and Ryan Swope, is extremely opportunistic. If anything, Tannehill is a very smart QB who understands the spacing of the defense well.

The defense (our "Wrecking Crew") is really what has Aggies excited about football in November for the first time in too long. Though not the original Wrecking Crew of old, this defense has really stepped up to the plate and given us a chance to win every game we've been in this season (with the exception of Mizzou). Their performance against OU featured no less than 3 goal line stands inside the 5 yard line, in addition to shutting out the OU offense for the entire 1st half. Against Baylor, they rebounded from adversity in the first half to pitch a second half shutout, allowing the offense to win the game. The unit is playing with confidence beyond their years--they'll have to show a ton of maturity once more if they hope to slow y'all down.

Thanks for having me on the board! Travel safe, those of you coming down.

Gig 'Em

Tannehill or Johnson fan?

Both. They're both class acts and quality players. Johnson's offseason shoulder surgery put a damper on what could've been a special season (he broke the A&M record for TD throws last year), but instead of a potential QB controversy, JJ has shown nothing but class. He's still highly regarded in the locker room, and represents the team well as one of the captains. Tannehill hasn't shown any cockiness since being given the starting role, either, so I have to say it's a push between the two for me.

I'm not terribly worried about this one because our strength (best pass defense in the nation) matches up well with what you do. You are a great team, but you are playing a team built to battle with the likes of A&M. I'd be more worried if Christine was still in the lineup and ready to gash us on the ground. It should be a good game, and you'll need a good home crowd to push this one in your favor.

Good luck!

While having Michael out does hurt us a bit I don't know that you guys have seen a whole lot of Cyrus Gray yet. He's more of a big play bounce it outside sort of back and was just barely our #2 back, he can do some damage.

I will be coming down for the game.......recommended tailgating spots???

Drop a message over on TexAgs and you'll get a bunch of great offers to hang out and take in Kyle Field.