So how happy are you Huskers to be going to the Big Ten?

since the big12-2 is a sinking ship, i feel very good about being able to escape to a conference that is set up to compete in academics and athletics. you will have to ask the other b12 north schools how they feel when the 'bevo and his 9 fluffers' conference implodes and they are stuck with the mountain west or sun belt.

I don't know many Huskers but I assume ecstatic? Is it bittersweet at all? I live in Big Ten country with the biggest Michigan fan you'll ever meet and people here are excited to have you.

I will most likely be seeing you guys at the Big House in Ann Arbor on November 19th (EDIT: 2011). FYI, it's COLD here. ;)

The end of the Big 8 was an end of an era, the big XII was a mess. All it's really let me see is that the conference became essentially a meaningless collection of teams after the end of the Big 8 that was, at best, haphazardly planned and executed with the sole intention of making UT happy and maintaining *their* important games. NU/OU rivalry? Who cares? We can't maintain that and make people forget that the Red River Rivalry is the MOST IMPORTANT GAME IN THE UNIVERSE.

So, really, the only thing that leaving the Big XII is doing is reminding me of the storied history of the Big 8 and welcoming the 8 - XII comparison which is pretty unfavorable for the XII.

I don't know many Huskers but I assume ecstatic? Is it bittersweet at all? I live in Big Ten country with the biggest Michigan fan you'll ever meet and people here are excited to have you.

I will most likely be seeing you guys at the Big House in Ann Arbor on November 19th (EDIT: 2011). FYI, it's COLD here. ;)

Its might be somewhat of an age thing. If you're older like me you might be less likely to like it. I will mist playing Oklahoma. I understand it and can see where it will probably work out for the best long term, but still don't like it. When you get old you tend not to like change.;)

Nah, the conference was built around the OU/UT rivalry and the OU/NU game became a time to remember how great that rivalry used to be. The games were neat, but only in that it made me think about all of the great Big 8 games that were played. There's no reason they didn't have a permanent crossover matchup between north and south teams so that NU could play OU every year, but they didn't.

I can't wait for next year. I am a buckeye but am pulling hard for you guys to win the Big 12 in your final year. I would love nothing more than for the newest Big Ten member to kick sand in the face of the Big 12. Divisional play and the championship game are going to be fun for years to come. Welcome aboard, Delany got this right.

except for tOSU fans, who are EVIL. They kick babies and cheer for cancer. Remember that, mmkay. GO BLUE. :)

Easy now, I don't cheer for cancer. :wasted

All I can saw, having looked a Nebraska schedule next year, they have you guys playing all the top teams. I guess, they wanted to really welcome you to the Big Ten. However, if anyone can handle it...it's Nebraska.

Welcome aboard and, I all can say is screw sCUm. :woo

except for tOSU fans, who are EVIL. They kick babies and cheer for cancer. Remember that, mmkay. GO BLUE. :)

Easy now, I don't cheer for cancer. :wasted

All I can saw, having looked a Nebraska schedule next year, they have you guys playing all the top teams. I guess, they wanted to really welcome you to the Big Ten. However, if anyone can handle it...it's Nebraska.

Welcome aboard and, I all can say is screw ScUM. :woo

Oh whew... I was afraid that we'd have to stop calling a team sCUm... I'm glad that we still have options! :)

Its might be somewhat of an age thing. If you're older like me you might be less likely to like it. I will mist playing Oklahoma. I understand it and can see where it will probably work out for the best long term, but still don't like it. When you get old you tend not to like change.;)

Nah, the conference was built around the OU/UT rivalry and the OU/NU game became a time to remember how great that rivalry used to be. The games were neat, but only in that it made me think about all of the great Big 8 games that were played. There's no reason they didn't have a permanent crossover matchup between north and south teams so that NU could play OU every year, but they didn't.

Don't blame the conference or Texas for no longer playing OU every year. Oklahoma the only one to blame there. Nebraska proposed a designated rival and OU said if Texas didn't have to play NU every year OU wasn't going to play both every year.

Course Nebraska was the Big Dog at the start of the conference and they pretty much carried them througout the 90's. Remember it seemed every team that went to a bowl game except Nebraska seemed to lose.

Then the disgruntled fan base and boosters allowed the Pederson/Callahan years to happen :facepalm:

Don't blame the conference or Texas for no longer playing OU every year. Oklahoma the only one to blame there. Nebraska proposed a designated rival and OU said if Texas didn't have to play NU every year OU wasn't going to play both every year.

Course Nebraska was the Big Dog at the start of the conference and they pretty much carried them througout the 90's. Remember it seemed every team that went to a bowl game except Nebraska seemed to lose.

Then the disgruntled fan base and boosters allowed the Pederson/Callahan years to happen :facepalm:

I can blame Texas-- if it didn't exist, we'd never have been in this mess called the Big XII ;)

It will be great to see Nebraska in the Big Ten next year. And I can verify that Buckeyes kick babies and eat puppies and all kinds of terrible things ;)

But seriously, this will really establish the Big Ten as a top conference in college football. Hopefully, we can completely take that title from the SEC in the next few years, but most likely the best we can hope for is 1a and 1b.