Just thinking out loud

HUSKERCR

Suppose, just for arguments sake:

1. Does UT and Beebe want NU to win either the North or

the Big 12?

2. Given #1, does Beebe and his merry band of bosses at UT have the

organizational power and the means to block that from happening?

For example, arranging, say, the same "homer" officiating crew at both the NU-Texas

game in Lincoln and the NU-A&M game in College Station. Both critical

games, both lost by Nebraska.

3. Given #1 and #2, what would stop them from implementing such

a plan?

4. Given #1-4, could it be proven objectively by an outsider?

While intent is hard to prove, statistical analysis can be used to

prove something other than random chance is in play. This has been

used to successfully prosecute "secret" illegal HR policies in court.

Just a thought for our Big Texas Conference officials to consider.....

Very hard to prove indeed. Maybe we should delay the exit penalty before we get this thing resolved. The losses are hurting us financially... I think Oliver Stone has an outline for another blockbuster. I hate to think we are hyper sensitive to all calls against us right now, but that is the current emotional state of us Husker fans. Bo has a responsibility to get the players and his emotions in check (if you are a recruit/parent/referring coach watching him last night- what would your thoughts be?). If he uses us against the world, and it certainly can seem like it while looking at the statistics, they bring a different mentality and may get a little sloppy at times. You may want your kids to run thru a brick wall, but what happens when they actually do that? They get broken. Detroit does car testing against brick walls. This mentality might have led to more personal fouls etc... Our goal is still intact- to win the Big 12. We do that, then epic fail Dan Beebe

I think they are working hard to cover their tracks. For example, the phantom personal fouls were called against Eric Martin, who---thanks to ABC/ESPN's announcers and the suspension Dan Beebe handed down---is now regarded as a headhunter. So even though people never saw it, they hear "Eric Martin" and go, "Oh yeah, that guy who got suspended. Makes sense."

Same deal with Courtney Osborne. All the hoopla over the Gabbert hit means that, among the media and the Big 12 public, he's got a reputation as a headhunter too, particularly when coming at QBs. So they see that he was flagged for a hit on the QB and go, "Oh yeah, the guy who hit Gabbert up high. Makes sense."

Then there's the fact that the phantom personal fouls are thrown on kickoffs. Everyone is focused on the ball and the return man and, unless there's a return, there are no cameras to show what actually happened. If you are going to saddle a team with a few extra terrible calls, kickoffs are a great place to start.

But the easiest way to influence a game without getting caught is to not throw flags on Nebraska's opponent. If the flags don't fall, maybe it's because Nebraska's opponent played penalty-free football. And if they didn't play penalty-free football, maybe it's just because the ref didn't see the penalty.

I could go on.

You had 16 penalties called on you. 3 false starts. 2 holds. 1 illegal formation. 1 int grounding. 2 PI. 6 personal fouls. and one more somewhere else.

1 was a bad call. 1. If I could take 1 bad call a game I would sign up immediately.

You're penalty problems don't come from overly biased refs. It comes from an out of control head coach whose team takes on his personality. Last night, it came from your team losing its cool in a very hostile environment.

Maybe it is time for your team to look in the mirror to find its penalty problems instead of blaming the refs/beebe.

You had 16 penalties called on you. 3 false starts. 2 holds. 1 illegal formation. 1 int grounding. 2 PI. 6 personal fouls. and one more somewhere else.

1 was a bad call. 1. If I could take 1 bad call a game I would sign up immediately.

You're penalty problems don't come from overly biased refs. It comes from an out of control head coach whose team takes on his personality. Last night, it came from your team losing its cool in a very hostile environment.

Maybe it is time for your team to look in the mirror to find its penalty problems instead of blaming the refs/beebe.

One bad call? What are you smoking dude?

1 dozen is more accurate.

Wanna bet the penalty stats for the year prove you're wrong?

Wasn't A&M the second most penalized team in the B12 going into this game (2 penalties, 20 yds)?

I guess all of those "no calls" on A&M we saw all night were Pelini's fault too, huh?

Yea, right.......

Every team we play happens to have their most penalty-free game the week they play us.

Our last three opponents have 6 combined penalties.

One of those pass interference calls was pass interference . . . on the offense. At least four of the personal fouls were ridiculous: The second one on Cotton (what did he say?), the two on Martin (what did he do?), and the call on Osborne. That's 60 yards right there.

I've seen a lot of coaches yelling at refs and can't remember the last time I saw a call on the bench. It's a self-fulfilling call, too, because the refs give themselves an excuse (an irate coach) just by deciding to throw the flag on the coach.

Wasn't A&M the second most penalized team in the B12 going into this game (2 penalties, 20 yds)?

I guess all of those "no calls" on A&M we saw all night were Pelini's fault too, huh?

Yea, right.......

So you're saying that every call that was subjective was a bad call?

Yea, right.......

yes, TAMU was the second most penalized team. But, most of our penalties came from dead ball calls. Things like false starts and illegal formations killed us in the past couple of weeks.

Yea, right.......

So you're saying that every call that was subjective was a bad call?

A large percentage were bad calls, in my opinion.

And a large number of very visible infractions weren't called on A&M, also my opinion.

Check the average number of penalties per game A&M has gotten in conference games before last night.

Looks more than a little funky huh?

Good God. Go away. Are you that hard up for human interaction to come here and 'engage' in conversation. At the very least, your team was extremely fortunate to win. At worst, your team was given an out and out GIFT. Go enjoy it and find friends that share your affinity for A&M so you can suck each other off about this one.

Yea, right.......

yes, TAMU was the second most penalized team. But, most of our penalties came from dead ball calls. Things like false starts and illegal formations killed us in the past couple of weeks.

How many penalties per game before this game? Don't be shy. Share with us.

Maybe it's time our team prosecuted your team for sexual assault.