Iowa St. Gameplan

TheKiD

Foppa's Gameplan vs. ISU..

1) Give ISU's bus driver wrong directions to Lincoln.

2) Have ISU play the Prison team from the movie 'Unnecessary Roughness' for the 1st quarter.

3) Tell NU's O-Line that ISU molested all their sisters, mothers, and girlfriends the night before.

4) Whatever the play-call is, do the exact opposite.

5) LOTS of super glue.

6) No watching the offensive Broncos film of the Broncos vs. Chargers game that was played today. Seriously, are they copying NU, or is NU copying them???

7) The only time NU shifts is in their cars leaving the stadium after the game.

8) 'Yellow' is the name of a Coldplay song, is generally associated with a warning of some kind, and is found on bananas. It isn't a color you want to see on the field every other play.

9) Needing 10+ yards + throwing 3 yards = never getting first downs.

10) Executions are legal in prisons, third world countries, in the Taliban, and on third downs.

11) Just win, baby. :thumbs

#12. Have old basketball coach Eustachy throw a natty light party for the football team the night before.

#13. Have ISU starting defense ride down to Lincoln with Eustachy. His trips are famous for taking detours.

Here's some more stats for ya.

Rushing Offense: NU-62, ISU-72

Passing Offense: NU-108, ISU-53

Total Offense: NU-106, ISU-71

Scoring Offense: NU-T81, ISU-57

When you look at the stats overall, we have a legit shot at beating these guys. It'll be close though for sure. We'll look to see how Iowa St. looks against Army on friday. The game is on at 7:00pm on ESPN2.

I love when you guys trash TTech for wanting to score 100 points. Just because you know NU can't. Great D but no Offense.

More stats for the Kid.

Most Points by NU–77; Arizona St., Sept. 16, 1995;

Iowa State, Nov. 15, 1997

Most Points by NU (Conference)–77; Iowa St., Nov. 15, 1997

Biggest Victory Margin (Conference)–63; 77-14; Iowa State, Nov. 15, 1997

Wonder how NU did that year? Like I need to be told...

Get off the dedhoarse

Do you think TTech has that good of a D?

Or are you worried NU's D is not good enough for TTech's Offense?

NU's D is there strength.

Worry about what is this weekend.

Maybe if you tell me some more about NU championships it will change this years KSU game.

Hey maybe it will work for ISU? Tell them you put 77 on them and then took home the Sears Trophy, that won't motivate them.

Sorry still on the comments from "Most points ever allowed @ Memorial Stadium?"

Just the facts.

Here's some more stats for ya.

Rushing Offense: NU-62, ISU-72

Passing Offense: NU-108, ISU-53

Total Offense: NU-106, ISU-71

Scoring Offense: NU-T81, ISU-57

When you look at the stats overall, we have a legit shot at beating these guys. It'll be close though for sure. We'll look to see how Iowa St. looks against Army on friday. The game is on at 7:00pm on ESPN2.

ISU has done nothing to impress me so far. Iowa handed that game to ISU. All the points were off of turnovers, I believe. Their defense gave up 21 to a I-AA team(3 times more than NU gave up to its I-AA opponent ;) ). I really do not rank ISU much higher than Nebraska at this point, and that is only because of NU's ineptness on offense. If Nebraska gets something that resembles and offense before October 1st, I think Nebraska beats them. I can't believe so many people are throwing in the towel on this one. ISU IS NOT THAT GOOD!

Alright, I just thought of a new gameplan vs. ISU...

BC needs to announce that Beck looked solid and just passed for over 400 yards in our last practice/scrimmage.

Next day, announce Beck is now our starting QB.

Hype his passing attack until right up to kickoff.

Start Beck, have receivers lined up with big smiles on their face.

Hand the ball off to our backs the entire 1st Half ;):thumbs

ok, as soon as KSU reches dynasty status you can rant all you want.....with a couple good seasons you don't earn bragging rights......although you wish :blink:

hunter

:wtf

what does that have to do with the post?

Did you mention Dynasty?

Are you talking like SF. 49rs type?

you know the one in the 80's and 90's. :thumbs

dynasty........oh wait, that's right, it is not in the dictionarys that they sell in Iowa

:blink:

does anyone think that the offense is holding anything back, like for conference play... because it seemed like the whole pitt game that they were running plays out of the two tight end and they must have more formations than just that one (which doesnt work by the way, only on bad d-lines like pitt) maybe they are savin up for ia st

does anyone think that the offense is holding anything back, like for conference play... because it seemed like the whole pitt game that they were running plays out of the two tight end and they must have more formations than just that one (which doesnt work by the way, only on bad d-lines like pitt) maybe they are savin up for ia st

No. I think that the limited formations and plays is the result of trying to simplify a bit so that they execute a limited number of plays correctly. As the season progresses, we should see more variety.

No. I think that the limited formations and plays is the result of trying to simplify a bit so that they execute a limited number of plays correctly. As the season progresses, we should see more variety.

Right now, I just don't think the Huskers can afford to hold anything back. I think it looks that way because the players haven't grasped to tougher plays

LJS: Huskers prepare for different result against ISU

According to Nebraska defensive end Wali Muhammad, Husker coach Bill Callahan twice last week referenced last year’s loss to Iowa State as he prepared his team for this week’s rematch.

Callahan evidently wasn’t smiling at the recollection of the Cyclones’ 34-27 win in Ames, Iowa.

“Coach Callahan told us it’s been on his mind — he said he still has a taste in his mouth from that loss,” Muhammad said. “I think it’s been on all of our minds. It was a bad loss. They were a beatable team, and we should’ve beaten them.”

Nebraska and Iowa State square off at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Memorial Stadium, each team hoping to get a leg up in the Big 12 North race. Both teams are 3-0 as they begin league play, and both have encountered their share of ups and downs while emerging unscathed to this point.

The Huskers were idle last week, while the Cyclones needed a late rally to overcome winless Army 28-21 on Friday night at West Point, N.Y.

It marked Iowa State’s eighth win in nine games dating to last season. The Cyclones were The Sporting News’ preseason choice to capture the Big 12 North, while a preseason conference media poll picked ISU second and Nebraska third behind Colorado.

“They’re a tough team,” Husker middle linebacker Corey McKeon said of the Cyclones. “They’re on the rise. You have to hit a team like that in the mouth. They’re going to come in here on a high. They have a great quarterback, a great running back. They’re going to come in and try to pound the ball. We just have to step up and play our best.”

Against Army, Iowa State sophomore quarterback Bret Meyer was intercepted three times and sacked four times. He finished 18-for-26 passing for 158 yards and two touchdowns.

Cyclone running back Stevie Hicks, a junior from Omaha, was held to nine carries and 22 yards because of an undisclosed injury. Coach Dan McCarney said after the game he’s hoping Hicks will be healthy for the Nebraska game.

The 6-2, 215-pound Hicks rushed 28 times for 118 yards in Iowa State’s 23-3 win against Iowa on Sept. 10 in Ames. The Cyclones forced five turnovers against the Hawkeyes. However, ISU struggled in its opener, holding off Division I-AA Illinois State 32-21.

Iowa State ranks 91st nationally in total offense and 40th in total defense, while Nebraska ranks 107th and sixth in the same categories. The Huskers are coming off a 7-6 home win against Pitt that elicited a significant amount of grumbling in Husker Nation, as fans had hoped for improved offense in year two of the Callahan regime.

“We’re ready to get Big 12 play going,” Nebraska defensive end Jay Moore said. “There’s not a revenge factor against Iowa State; we just want to come out and prove we’re a much better team than we were last year.”

McKeon, Nebraska’s leading tackler this season with 26, watched video of the entire Iowa-Iowa State game, focusing on Hawkeye linebackers Chad Greenway and Abdul Hodge.

“We watched Iowa State’s offensive linemen just get after them,” McKeon said. “Our linebackers have to be ready for that. If they try to come out on us (linebackers), Adam Carriker and those guys on our D-line are going to make great plays. Just watching the film, our D-line might have an edge on them.”

Said Moore: “We’re playing great defense right now. We have a lot of momentum. Guys have a lot of confidence and are playing much faster out there.”

Nebraska’s offense, on the other hand, has sputtered in all three games. I-back Corey Ross has been a bright spot, averaging 118.7 rushing yards on 4.9 per carry. The senior expects a difficult test Saturday.

“They’re definitely better than last year,” Ross said of the Cyclones. “Their defense is attacking the ball. They’re going to try to create a lot of pressure (with blitzes).”

Nebraska has beaten Iowa State 13 straight times in Lincoln, although the Cyclones have won two of the last three games in the series overall.

Last year, Iowa State intercepted Joe Dailey’s pass with 2:55 left to thwart Nebraska’s rally.

“The last drive sticks out in my mind,” McKeon said. “We were coming back on them. Coming back and coming back. Fighting, fighting, fighting. Then we turned the ball over, and that really hurts a team’s morale.”

Thus began a three-game slide to end Nebraska’s 5-6 season.

“It was a troublesome period,” McKeon said. “After a loss, you have to bounce back — and that’s something we never did.”