What changed since the Spring Game???

Husker24Fan

Yup, the spring game is pretty much a novelty, in that what happens in the spring game... stays in the spring game. It helps the players by playing in front of a crowd, getting game-time experience.. but it doesn't really show anything about how we'll do the following season.

I dont think that anything happened, nothing changed. I hate to say it, but I have been saying this for 2 years. The Spring Practice does nothing more than give false hope. The 1's play against the scout team, and instead of pitting 1s v 1s and getting some quality reps.

Its just another question mark with this staff and the way they go about their business. This offense gets progressively worse, and its pretty obvious that Dailey wasnt NUs only problem. While he may not be a great player, I think that there are alot of "fans" who owe him an apology. <_<

I dont think that anything happened, nothing changed. I hate to say it, but I have been saying this for 2 years. The Spring Practice does nothing more than give false hope. The 1's play against the scout team, and instead of pitting 1s v 1s and getting some quality reps.

Check the participation report on Huskers.com for the spring game. It wasn't 1 vs. the others. Even in the TO era it wasn't ever purely #1 defense vs. #1 offense. I remember someone posting that here a while ago. I'll have to search for it.

I agree that the spring game doesn't tell you much, but it isn't just the #1's beating up on the scout team.

Check the participation report on Huskers.com for the spring game. It wasn't 1 vs. the others. Even in the TO era it wasn't ever purely #1 defense vs. #1 offense. I remember someone posting that here a while ago. I'll have to search for it.

I agree that the spring game doesn't tell you much, but it isn't just the #1's beating up on the scout team.

TO would pit 1's/4's vs. 2's/3's, I mean the 1/4 offense would face the 1/4 defense, and the 2/3 offense would face the 2/3 defense. Maybe Im stretching the truth by using "scout team," but they certainly didnt have the No 1 D v No 1 O.

I went to the 95 spring game, and it was NU most competitive of the year :lol:

While he may not be a great player, I think that there are alot of "fans" who owe him an apology.

Why? He is the one that quit...took his toys...and went home! I apologize to no QUITTER! Besides...if he was so darn good.....he would of won his job back later on down the road. He and the rest of the quitters are gone and I say see ya later!

After watching how this offense and dare I say, new qb, perform, its obvious that it was less the fact that JD quit, as he was pushed out and given the short end of the stick. To drop him to 4th on the final spring depth chart :wtf especially after seeing how much this offense has regressed.

Taylor passed for over 300 yards by halftime on OUR DEFENSE! Now, does Taylor even HAVE 300 total passing yards? Has our defense given UP 300 total passing yards? I don't understand the "irony?". I know there have been some dropped passes (none at the Pitt game, I believe).

What changed is the spring game is now a joke. The first team offense goes against a bunch of 2nd and 3rd teamers...and don't blitz taylor. Our offense is good if they have all day but thats not to realistic. Like a nebraska paper wrote, the spring game is nothing more then a recruiting show, not to get better as a football team.