Martinez

Every other reliable source on Carnes has said otherwise. Whether the hype will bear our or not will be seen, and I think tempered expectations are the only sensible thing. But Carnes arrived on campus as the 2nd best passer on the team. And Watson is just about the opposite of a hindrance to QB development. He is the best chance Carnes has of developing into a good QB.

Which do you think factors more into Martinez's constant fumbles: his lack of ball security or his small hands?

I was wondering about that durring the game..Helu too.

The recruiting mags need to start listing hand size.

They should at least be able to palm a basketball.

For those of you criticizing the burk deep ball to taylor, if you were there you would have seen that Taylor beat his guy on the double move. Problem is burk had a guy in his face so he couldn't step up and throw right away w/o scrambling first. I'm telling you if burkhead doesn't have to scramble that play is 6.

Yea it probably wasn't the best play to call in that situation. But if it was a catch it would of went up there on the best husker plays of all time right next to "THE CATCH" & "THE FUMBLEROOSKI"

For those of you criticizing the burk deep ball to taylor, if you were there you would have seen that Taylor beat his guy on the double move. Problem is burk had a guy in his face so he couldn't step up and throw right away w/o scrambling first. I'm telling you if burkhead doesn't have to scramble that play is 6.

Yea it probably wasn't the best play to call in that situation. But if it was a catch it would of went up there on the best husker plays of all time right next to "THE CATCH" & "THE FUMBLEROOSKI"

the problem with the call is that it didn't seem to measure the risk and reward accordingly. We were moving the ball on the ground very well with Burkhead in the Wildcat. It's 2nd and 8, we're in field goal range, and the last thing we need to do is put ourselves in 3rd and long. So instead of running Rex again, we try a trick play which fails, which trick plays do at least half of the time, and so then we're in 3rd and 8. We're in a passing situation, where Martinez has struggled all day, and of course we take a sack, can't kick a field goal, and lose the game.

Bo Pelini, Bob Stoops, Brent Venables, those guys play chess. Shawn Watson plays checkers.

Agree on the risk/reward. Assuming that Bo didn't have a hand in that call. I think he did. He even said afterwards about it. Thought it was worth a shot because they thought they had the distance with Alex anyways. Which makes the ensuing punt all that more confusing, it was just 5 extra yards.

eh, all they had to do on 4rd down was run the wildcat again for a few extra yards and have Henery kick a FG. The ensuing play of Taylor taking a snap at shotgun and getting sacked was the horrible call.

If that pass would have been completed, it would have been flashback reverse wtfever part 2.

Agree on the risk/reward. Assuming that Bo didn't have a hand in that call. I think he did. He even said afterwards about it. Thought it was worth a shot because they thought they had the distance with Alex anyways. Which makes the ensuing punt all that more confusing, it was just 5 extra yards.

Yeah, sorry, I'm sure Bo was in on 2nd and 8, the wildcat throw. Though I don't know who the "instigator" was, I'm sure Bo at least OK'd it. I'm betting the 3rd and 8 call was all Watson.