Dear Mods and Admin

macroboy

I don't know where the proper place for this is.......

but huskerboard is nonfunctional a lot in big moments.

Although I can see some benefit of having the page crash after a loss to minimize the meltdown I don't think it is intentional.

I keep telling my husker friends that HB is better than the other boards but many times we watch a game together and come here it is super slllloooooooowwwwww or just times out altogether.

I don't know what the solution is. I'm sure you are aware.

Respectfully submitted,

Macroboy

It's not intentional but sure is annoying. I'm moving this Board Feedback.

It didn't die for hours last night which is better than can be said for other weeks...it's been looked into though. I hope the admins can give you a better answer. I think they were looking into better hardware, or something. Hope we'll see less board outages here on out.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know it may seem as if the board admins don't care about downtime/slow performance, but we truly do and have been taking efforts to improve it.

The fact is an environment like this with constant activity, uploading etc. is very unpredictable and not easy to keep up with.

After the outages during the A&M game, we made some major adjustments to free up resources - which definitely improved things preventing a major crash, but as you noticed did not completely resolve the issue.

I have since purchased even more memory to attempt to combat your insatiable demand for Huskerboard :)

We hope this helps, and appreciate your patience & loyalty as we grow together.

On a related note - we will soon be offering a "HuskerBoard Donors" program, to hopefully off-set the costs associated with running a high activity site. The program will give members special discounts on Husker gear & tickets, so it will be mutually fulfilling.

So if you enjoy the board, and want to see it stay free but also want the performance improved, please join the Donors Program!

GBR