The Making Of A Championship Team

Roy CO HSKR

Ron Brown would never work as AD. He does not have the time nor the knowledge to do the job. He does not have the educational background nor the personality to do the job. He is great man and good coach. But AD's are not coaches anymore in the true sense. Hard nosed CEO's of a major business. Turner did not have the experience or knowledge to do the job either in my oppinion. Good Husker player does not mean successfull coach. We have proven that with Frank.

We needed to go outside to bring some who sees outside the box. We have a good AD. I do not like him, but he is doing the job he was hired to do. He is placing the emphasis on the Football program. This has not been done for a long time. He is building the facilities up. Whether he hired the right guy for the job can be questioned but I really do not think there were many that would have taken the job. I sure wish Pat Hill would have considered us if he was even approached. I like his fire and determination and the fact he would play anyone anywhere. He would have been a tremendous coach for Nebraska.

Hey skersfan, did you ever get a chance to sit down with SP? From what I remember from earlier comments compared to this one, your opinion of him doesnt seem to have changed - but Im curious to hear how the face 2 face went, and hopefully you didnt walk out of there with some crappy insurance. ;)

Blackshirt,

No I was suppose to meet with BC. But my cousin had a heart attack and ended up in Colorado Springs the day of the meeting.

I have met Mr. Pederson, and I admit I do not like the guy. It has nothing to do with firing Frank or anything he has done. He is arrogant and self serving. But no matter my dislike he is doing things to bring this program back. I am not saying anything about the coaching selection. He has some great ideas about raising money and he truly loves Nebraska I think. I think he will end up doing a great job. Most of the hatred is based on Frank. But the job of AD is being done better than the previous AD in my oppinion. He is truly all about the football program and that is never bad.

I was amazed though, my wife hit it off with him quite well. That cost me more money last year. At least it did not end up at USC like she had planned.

The making of a championship team should have one more requirement:

6. A confidence that is not cockiness, but a swagger. This is what we had in the '90s and is what we need to have soon. If we can get up to 6 wins before CU, that factor may overcome the Buffs experience in the system and their veteran QB.

When we stepped on the field in the '90s, the opponent often times had lost the game before the first snap. That mindset needs to be what we instill in ISU when the second half starts!