The Home Crowd....

I just wanted to ask about something.....

THe last two games, the radio over the internet... the announcers have been saying how the crowds have been sorta lackluster, or at least during the pregame portions. I remember, distinctly, the last two games, where the announcers were saying that "it wasn't the typical Nebraska crowd". I'm not sure if it meant by the number of people, or the enthusiasm, or both, or what. And now, with the Colonel saying that about tickets, I'm wondering about the homegames.

I mean, we're not at risk of "not" selling out a home game, are we??

(I ask because I don't live anywhere near Nebraska)

The ticket express guy on the new stated that their ISU,TT,OU,and KSU tickets were going for more then face. There are 7 home games I'm sure some people took the non conference games off. As far as the crowd goes I thought they were pretty good teh last two games. The first two are another story but I thought they were pretty loud saturday. Maybe that was just me.

Yeah, I think this is a bit of an overreaction. I think tickets were so cheap for Pitt because Pitt is terrible this year. All the ticket brokers and people selling tickets on ebay for ISU, Oklahoma and KSU didn't seem to get the memo to sell below face value. As far as the crowd goes, the Maine game sucked, well at least the people we sat by. The last 2 games were pretty good crowds.

The radio announcers should lay off the booze. The crowd at least in the North section was pretty good during the Pitt game. ETR pointed out after the game that the crowd in the southwest section looked dull again. That's where we were sitting for the Maine game and it was LAME.

As far as not "selling out", I am sure the ticket office will sell all their tickets to someone so techincally they will sell out.

The student section has been there... Every single game. Whoever said that the student section was not up to snuff with the rest of the big twelve should take a long look at the rest of the stadium during the Maine Game and be thankful that we are there at all.

Yup. The student section has been up for every game this year.

Student section has rocked this year for sure. There are some sections in the stadium that aren't up to par but... with the lack-luster offensive performance thus far, I'd say it's not near as bad as could be expected. (thankfully we have a killer defense to spark everyone up).

You know, Im not sure about that. The 2 games I went to, the crowds have been pretty good, pretty energetic.

I wonder about the sell-out streak:

1) I wonder if it actually is a "sell out streak" as I called the ticket office on Thursday before the Pitt game and they still had tickets available. <_<

2) I guess the one positive that we as fans have gotten from the pud/billy c. regime is at least tickets are now affordable and easy to come by ;) Since billy c. has been around, Ive never had to pay more than face for a ticket, and even brokers are selling them below face :blink: