Looking for a New Compound Bow

hskerholic

My personal recommendation would be a slightly used Mathews. In the price range you are talking you can find many mathews bows. They are all very high quality and performance. Plus the re-sale value will hold true for years. 4 years ago I purchased a Mathews switchback. I paid $500 for it and loaded it myself, with all the latest sights, quiver, rest, and stabilizer. I used it for 2 years and sold it naked for $500. If you are looking for a bow that is naked you can get some of the latest from Mathews. Like a Reezen. It is one of the fastest bows on the market. Very light weight and reliable. I just sold mine recently to get a Z7. The best part about Mathews is they back all of their products. For instance, My uncle left his bow on his porch in his case. but the case was not completely closed. He came out the next morning to find pieces of the case laying around and the bow had exploded. A mouse had gotten into it and chewed the string off and ruined the bow. He called Mathews and explained what happened. They sent him a brand new bow. So if you want a naked bow the Reezen is in your price range, If you want one fully loaded there are several other models based on what is on them that you can get in that range as well.

• Fire 1

my advice start hitting the archery shops and shoot everything you can afford! the bow will pick you,as stated mathews makes a good rig,Hoyt makes some great stuff, im shooting a hoyt alpha max 32, i had 5 different mathews bows till i shot this, avoid the bowtechs,my dealer quit sellin them due to many repairs i shoot alot any questions pm me remember bows lose value FAST so get one you like coz u wont get u money back out of it

Thanks Alot I thought I had the bow i wanted picked out but i went to the Local Bass Pro Shop and picked it up and the grip sucked and just didnt fit right. I started looking around and grabbed a Redhead Kryptic made by bowtech. it felt good in my hand and it shot nice. My friend works for bass pro and come to find out it qualifies for the 40% discount. thanks for the input.