Huskers vs Grambling State

HUskers played a very good game tonight winning by 40 against GSU. (79-39) Led by Gallegos who had 15 and Diaz who had 14, but only 1 board.

Shot the ball very well from the field shooting over 53 percent. Only went 2-13 shooting the 3 ball but I wont complain since we one by 40. Very solid performance tonight.

10-2

I don't have time to post them right now (I'll try to later today) but if you get a chance, look at the leading rebounders from each game. Yesterday the 3 bigs combined for about 6 boards... a few of the guards had 5 boards themselves. It's a little unsettling if you ask me. I appreciate the guards' hustle, but these big men need to get aggressive.

random thoughts:

couldn't believe how lousy GS was.

really like to see Jeter just 'taking the damn thing' and putting this team more on his back every week... i think the cupcake tune-up has been great for him.

agree w/ 'backer', would like to see our bigs develop faster in playing physical - i think they are... slowly... but geeze, they shoulda been pushing GS 'skinny' bigs all over the place.

seeing better movement on offense without the ball. to start the game, the backdoor was beautiful - but bigs kept fumbling the damn thing.

like to see us 'running' more (!) feels like the guys are developing better breakaway chemistry (feels like that's been missing last couple of years?) i think they'll get better as they continue to 'just do it' (as it ain't always pretty!)

still 'anxious' about better competition (but hopeful!)