Beck Called the Plays?

About 2 weeks before the bowl game, I heard Beck had become the QB coach, and he also was much more involved in the game plan and prep. I'd also heard the offense had some great practices with Beck at the helm. Too bad none of that made its way onto the field.

If that was an audition of any kind, it was a bad one, especially after seeing that we really had no Plan B once Washington shut down our run. (Then again, how can you plan on your O-line sucking as bad as we did.) Even so, to have virutally no Plan B after a full month of prep is completely inexcusable. Whether that failed part of prep falls on Watson or Beck, I'm not sure. One thing I am sure of is that there is no room for such inconsistency, poor execution/planning, poor motivation, weak blocking and undisciplined play.

The plays were somewhat different. For instance we seen the I formation. Also there was an option in there.

Both of which we saw in the regular season. We ran the I formation against either Missouri, Kansas or Colorado. Couldn't tell you who we ran Option against, but we did once or twice.

The plays were somewhat different. For instance we seen the I formation. Also there was an option in there.

Both of which we saw in the regular season. We ran the I formation against either Missouri, Kansas or Colorado. Couldn't tell you who we ran Option against, but we did once or twice.

Ok I stand corrected. They did show Watson with his play book up in the booth.

Ok I stand corrected. They did show Watson with his play book up in the booth.

... hopefully for the last time. :hmmph