Cody Green

Sorry but I would rather cut off my right hand and put it in a box and send it to north Korea then to see Cody Green start next year. I think that freshman brion carnes would be better than a 5th year senior version of cody Green.(Yes I know that he's a sophmore.)Well I guess technically he's a junior now.

I am intrigued by how far Cody has come to the point where he looks like he can be a good passing pocket quarterback with impressive size, speed and physical tools. Very impressed as he is taking shape as a QB when he was such a project. But he has not had and don't think he will get a chance here, in this offense. Best of luck to Cody, hope it can work out well somewhere.

All due respect, Cody's gotten to start 4 games here, which is way, WAY more of a chance than most QBs who come to Nebraska ever get.

That's true. 2 of those games were in his supposed-to-be redshirt year. It is worse for Cody that he had to start them than it is a credit that he got to. He shouldn't have played last year, period. He was thrown into a tough situation, and yanked quickly. Early on this year, it was the same thing with his 2nd quarter playing time. And his final two starts? After injury, he became starter by default. And was yanked the next game, despite Taylor not having healed up, because Taylor was 'The Man.' Got some time in A&M, but Taylor was sent back in as 'The Man.' Got the CU game - Taylor was suspended - and as soon as that was done Taylor was 'The Man' once more.

Cody got to flirt briefly with being 'The Man' last year when he shouldn't have, and never came close to it again. It couldn't be more clear that Taylor is far and away the top guy here right now, and it is because of the new offense's direction more than anything that I say Cody won't get a shot. This year he was always the substitute we had to go to without other options, nothing more.

Blackshirtsguru, I have no info on this, I am just saying it seems like the offense is moving on in a direction that will continue to leave Cody behind, so I think he should try his shot elsewhere. I think if he works hard and lands in the right situation, he could make something of it.

Cody was never supposed to redshirt. He played against Florida Atlantic in the first game, they never wanted to redshirt him, they wanted him ready to play.

If Cody was going to be "the man," then he'd be, "the man." He'd go balls to the wall this offseason and take the starting job away from Taylor. Especially the way these coaches manage QB competitions, and how those competitions go all the way through the offseason, if he wants to win the job, he'll have every shot to do that. Beat out Taylor, and the job is his.

I don't know what you're talking about with him, "not getting a shot." Cody's a dual-threat QB, that's why we recruited him, he ran the spread option when he was in high school, so this offense should fit him just fine. We didn't recruit him as a pocket-passer.

Great QB's don't need to be babied into their roles. Tommie Frazier took the job outright as a true freshman. Taylor took the job and scored a 46 yard touchdown on his first carry. If Cody's the guy we need, then he's going to take the job away from the others. He'll have every chance needed to do that this offseason. I just don't think he's that guy.

Cody was supposed to redshirt, that was always the plan. What WASN'T the plan was Patrick Witt transferring and Kody Spano destroying his knee twice within a 6 month period. And COdy was not recruited into what we saw on the field this year, he was recruited to run a tweaked version of our 2008 offense.

Ok, maybe they were planning on redshirting him in the middle of the spring. But the reason Cody showed up in the spring as a freshman was to get playing time as a true freshman, and he got playing time in the first game of the year. It was decided before the season even began that he wasn't redshirting. As far as the offense goes, he ran the zone read in high school, so that's not what was preventing him from succeeding in our offense this year. What prevented him from succeeding in our offense this year is that somebody else beat him out. To say he hasn't gotten a fair shot just isn't true. He's gotten multiple shots, and he'll get more. If he's going to be the guy, then all he's got to do is go out there and win the job.

Oh, I am not saying he has not gotten a fair shot. But:

1. Cody not redshirting was really unideal, last year.

2. Cody was recruited to run an offense that wasn't our offense this year, much less where we are headed, especially if Watson is gone.

My main point here: Cody has made a lot of strides since coming here as a complete project/garbage passer, but his best bet to play QB is not going to be here. I am assuming that Watson leaves, though.

People can say what they want to about Cody's playing ability but the kid is all class. After the Texas game he spoke with the media after playing ZERO snaps.

For those wondering, Cody is undefeated as a starter.....4-0.

09-Baylor/OU

10-Iowa State/Colorado

Thats one of the main reasons i like him.

CG is definetly a great asset to the team in MANY many ways..... but the guy just doenst have that total package factor.... if motivator.. well liked and harder worker was all you need CG would be this years Heisman, MVP and number one draft pick winner... but unfortunatly for whatever reason something is lacking

its like that hot chick you've dated and you know this chick is like a total winner but there is something wrong.. something preventing you from taking in to the next level (anal... :corndance) whatever that means to you and so you break it off.....

i dont want CG to go i think he can contribute thought many of the boys on here says its impossible for him to blend in anywhere else....

we need to keep CG around

Cody Green has shown us no consistency,ever. He still struggles with simple passes. I don't understand how people can defend him when he "gets thrown into games" and "has to many nerves" to get a good drive going. Truly talented athletes make plays when they are called upon, whether it be in the 1st half against a Div. II school or the 4th quarter of a national championship game.

Cody Green has shown more consistency than Martinez, I think Martinez was the most inconsistent player in all of college football he went from Heisman long shot to being benched several times. I think Bo likes Cody a hell of a lot more than Martinez and I think if he can grow the balls to get rid of Watson we will see Green as the starter next year

:rollin:wtf:bs:

That's the funniest thing I have seen all year, Bo is the only reason Cody Green isn't our quarterback right now.

Did you watch the A&M game? and Why was Green's redshirt pulled and not Martinez's last year? Yes Bo may think Martinez is the better athlete but I obviously wasn't just talking about physical ability. I know Bo is getting fed up with his attitude and lack of leadership and I feel like Bo will realize over the off season that physical ability is not the only thing to evaluate at the quarterback position and we see Green as the starter next year. You honestly think Bo likes coaching Martinez over Green?. I also do not know how much pull Watson had as to who the starter would be, I know Bo has the final say but the decision may have largely been made according to Watson's evaluations and influence.

Cody Green has shown us no consistency,ever. He still struggles with simple passes. I don't understand how people can defend him when he "gets thrown into games" and "has to many nerves" to get a good drive going. Truly talented athletes make plays when they are called upon, whether it be in the 1st half against a Div. II school or the 4th quarter of a national championship game.

Cody Green has shown more consistency than Martinez, I think Martinez was the most inconsistent player in all of college football he went from Heisman long shot to being benched several times. I think Bo likes Cody a hell of a lot more than Martinez and I think if he can grow the balls to get rid of Watson we will see Green as the starter next year

That's the funniest thing I have seen all year, Bo is the only reason Cody Green isn't our quarterback right now.

Did you watch the A&M game? and Why was Green's redshirt pulled and not Martinez's last year? Yes Bo may think Martinez is the better athlete but I obviously wasn't just talking about physical ability. I know Bo is getting fed up with his attitude and lack of leadership and I feel like Bo will realize over the off season that physical ability is not the only thing to evaluate at the quarterback position and we see Green as the starter next year. You honestly think Bo likes coaching Martinez over Green?. I also do not know how much pull Watson had as to who the starter would be, I know Bo has the final say but the decision may have largely been made according to Watson's evaluations and influence.

Yep, sure did. I watched our starting quarterback violate team rules, get ripped by our coach, mouth back at him and still come back and limp around the field in the 2nd half when the OC wanted to put Cody in. I also watched the CCG, when an obviously rattled and gimpy Taylor was left out on the field when the OC wanted to put Cody in.

Cody's redshirt was pulled because he'd actually been in Spring ball working as a QB, and we had a QB leave the team and tear his ACL twice before the season. Taylor didn't have his redshirt pulled because he was on the scout team last year, although there were a few times that it was strongly considered last year.

Bo doesn't coach the offense, he runs the defense. He does meddle in the offense which IMO has cost Nebraska several games over the past two years. The decsion was made because Bo likes what Taylor did in the running game.

This offseason, will make or break Bo Pelini's career at Nebraska IMO.

Yep, sure did. I watched our starting quarterback violate team rules, get ripped by our coach, mouth back at him and still come back and limp around the field in the 2nd half when the OC wanted to put Cody in. I also watched the CCG, when an obviously rattled and gimpy Taylor was left out on the field when the OC wanted to put Cody in.

Cody's redshirt was pulled because he'd actually been in Spring ball working as a QB, and we had a QB leave the team and tear his ACL twice before the season. Taylor didn't have his redshirt pulled because he was on the scout team last year, although there were a few times that it was strongly considered last year.

Bo doesn't coach the offense, he runs the defense. He does meddle in the offense which IMO has cost Nebraska several games over the past two years. The decsion was made because Bo likes what Taylor did in the running game.

How do you know for sure Watson wanted to pull Martinez? I have not heard that before, if that is the case maybe Bo is more of the problem than Watson

Come on. The offseason will be defined by the upcoming season itself, and Bo would have to have a really awful season to justify firing him. A REALLY bad season, because everyone is aware of the difficulty of the transition into the Big 10.

Come on. The offseason will be defined by the upcoming season itself, and Bo would have to have a really awful season to justify firing him. A REALLY bad season, because everyone is aware of the difficulty of the transition into the Big 10.

There are significant issues on the offensive side of the ball, if Bo doesn't correct them now, things could very well spiral downwords. Every season has closed with a big step forward, this year closed with a big step backwords.

There are significant issues on the offensive side of the ball, if Bo doesn't correct them now, things could very well spiral downwords. Every season has closed with a big step forward, this year closed with a big step backwords.

I follow that, but they'd have to take about 3 more steps backwards during the offseason to be bad enough for Bo to get fired next year.

Furthermore, I'm not putting too much stock into the game against Washington. We've got very serious issues to fix on offense, but that game was just stupid. We had already beat them by 35, we had just lost our main season goal by a whisker, Washington was out for vengeance, etc...

One of the biggest mistakes we made this season was thinking our team would be amazing this year just because of our Holiday Bowl performance. Going into next season, we'll have expectations for a pretty stout defense (assuming we get Crick back), but expectations for the offense will be relatively low, and expectations for our overall record will probably be middling as well due to the perception that our schedule is incredibly tough.

The general expectation level next year is going to be lower, and that's going to give Bo more leeway. As long as his defense keeps performing, they're going to stay competitive with anyone in the country, like they basically were this year.