So I got told today that I need to fly to ATL next week for training. Never been there before and have no clue about the city. Anyone ever been there? Is the Airport easy to navigate? The place I have to go is actually about 40 miles north of the Airport, how is traffic in the city? Any tips or suggestions would help. Thanks!

I hate to be a downer, but Hartsfield-Jackson airport is know as the busiest airport in the world. It isn't too difficult to navigate, but is ALWAYS crowded and is relatively obnoxious. Traffic suck....I mean, it SUCKS. Pretty much don't try to drive anywhere in and around the city between the hours of about 7-9:30 and 4-6:30 without giving yourself about twice the amount of time that you would think that you would normally need.

Where exactly is the training and where are you staying? If you actually want to go out in Atlanta, skip all the metros in Midtown, all of the "clubs" downtown, and just be a smart camper and hit up the Buckhead bars (Kramers, Pool Hall, Red Door, etc.) Maybe I'll see you out.

I hate to be a downer, but Hartsfield-Jackson airport is know as the busiest airport in the world. It isn't too difficult to navigate, but is ALWAYS crowded and is relatively obnoxious. Traffic suck....I mean, it SUCKS. Pretty much don't try to drive anywhere in and around the city between the hours of about 7-9:30 and 4-6:30 without giving yourself about twice the amount of time that you would think that you would normally need.

Where exactly is the training and where are you staying? If you actually want to go out in Atlanta, skip all the metros in Midtown, all of the "clubs" downtown, and just be a smart camper and hit up the Buckhead bars (Kramers, Pool Hall, Red Door, etc.) Maybe I'll see you out.

Everything will be in Alpharetta, so basically will have to try to drive myself clear across the City to get where I am going. Since I am going alone, more than likely will probably stay in the Alpharetta area, no need to really venture out, unless of course it is baseball season, b/c I would would definitely be hitting up a Braves game!

Everything will be in Alpharetta, so basically will have to try to drive myself clear across the City to get where I am going. Since I am going alone, more than likely will probably stay in the Alpharetta area, no need to really venture out, unless of course it is baseball season, b/c I would would definitely be hitting up a Braves game!

If you get a chance...tour the Sweetwater Brewery. It's like a party and for $8 or so you get to sample 6 beers and a pint glass to keep.

If you get a chance...tour the Sweetwater Brewery. It's like a party and for $8 or so you get to sample 6 beers and a pint glass to keep.

If you're still in town, get to this: http://www.brewyourcaskoff.com/ at Sweetwater. Should be pretty tit. As for Alpharetta, you won't experience any traffic....or any fun. Families and transplants. Either get to Buckhead (20-25 minutes) or get to Athens (45 minutes) on the weekend if you don't want to be sitting at a Beef O'Brady's with a little league team.

We went 5 years ago on vacation, Aquarium, Braves game, Coke and CNN tours. We used the MARTA system the entire week and it wasn't too bad really other than when we thought we could walk back to the Marta station from the Martin Luther King Memorial rather than wait for the bus, we went through a rough neighborhood and the wife freaked. Other than that? Great place to visit.

Also go to Six Flags (I believe thats the one they have), it is pretty fun. Other then that, yeah the traffic sucks badly.

I do think they have an interstate that goes around Atlanta which will get you there faster.

After looking on google maps, take the I-285, you will be pleased once you do.