Dr. Saturday's blog

walksalone

Reesing was pretty horrible his final season.

IIRC, he had lost several members of his O Line. Didn't he lose a WR, too? I don't have time to look it up right now.

Reesing isn't the gold standard of QBs, that's for sure, but he was pretty good. I really think he's analogous to Joe Ganz.

As knapp said, not the gold standard, but he played on a poor team. That fact was very clear given their performance before and after him. And his senior year was far from horrible....

3600+ yrds,63.% completion, 22 tds and 10 ints for a team that won 5 games and went 1-7 in the big 12 is not horrible

Those are numbers for a pretty good QB on a crap team.

OP, I don't see the issue with leaving Rex out of this article. It doesn't pertain to the lead nor to the basis of the story. It was more of an insight into Nebraska's general offensive woes and their quarterback position rather than the talent they have coming back. Putting Rex in seems like unnecessary information or information that wouldn't have added a lot to the article. Just my opinion, of course. Rex is a good player but he's a fan favorite, not a nationally recognized player.

If Helu doesn't go apesh*t during the Mizzou game, his numbers aren't that much better. It may not be pertinent to the article, but the author should have done his due dilligence to mention that tidbit.

The other thing that hurt Reesing his SR year was the fact that Jake Sharp or any of their RBs failed to instill the fear of God in any defense that they faced. They lost 4 of 5 on the OLineas knapplc said, and their running game sucked.

Other than looking like a total fruit in his now famous boxed wine photos, Todd Reesing was a HELL of a QB. When he had time, or faced Coz, he made the game look way too simple.