Zach Wahls sepaks to the Iowa House of Representatives

I am so glad they're doing this, because if a gay couple is allowed to marry that affects me by.... umm.... it affects me because.....

Wait a second. How does this affect me again? Why do I care if two dudes get married, or two women?

because it destroys your marriage!

doesn't it?

I am so glad they're doing this, because if a gay couple is allowed to marry that affects me by.... umm.... it affects me because.....

Wait a second. How does this affect me again? Why do I care if two dudes get married, or two women?

because it destroys your marriage!

doesn't it?

Well, of course. Since gay marriage and civil unions have become legal in some states, I don't even know if I'm married anymore. I mean, what *is* marriage? Is it just an agreement? Is it a potato salad? Is it anything? Am I EVEN REAL ANYMORE!?!?!!??!!? :ahhhhhhhh

....aaaaand scene. :P

i personally would like to see a ban put on the 16-20 year-olds getting married because they got knocked up months/weeks/days after meeting eachother. If anything ruins "the ideal of marriage" its a bunch of dum-dums who barely know eachother thinking that getting married will fix everything, only to been split within a few years :facepalm:

"hey why not get married. I mean I dont know your middle name & the color of your eyes, much less your dreams and goals for your life. But i do know every detail of your vajay-jay and you know the size of my birthday package and what state my private birthmark resembles so lets DO IT!!......get married i mean.....but we can do it too....if you want."

:wacko:

• Fire 1

10. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

9. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way hanging around tall people will make you tall.

8. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

7. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, different races still can’t marry, and divorce is still illegal.

6. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

5. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet and the world needs more children.

4. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

3. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we only have one religion here in America.

2. Children can never succeed without a male and female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

1. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy,or longer life spans.

and my favorite:

Marriage is originally a religious institution! :facepalm::rolleyes: