Garrison in one word? Perfectionist

Nexus

LINCOLN — John Garrison was starting at the bottom of the coaching ladder when he returned to his old high school in Blue Springs, Mo.

Coach Kelly Donohoe jumped at the chance to get him in 2005, but just didn't have any varsity spots at the time for an assistant coach.

Donohoe put the former Nebraska center with the Blue Springs High freshman team and watched.

Continue Reading

Is this a good thing? Remember, supposedly C******n was a "technician" OL coach, and his OLs weren't any better than Barney's. As a matter of fact, I remember when Barney came in and simplified the blocking, the O-Lineman stated what a breath of fresh air that was. All I know is that our OL coaching needs improvement, I'm hoping Garrison can do that.

The more I read and hear about these coaches, the more I'm liking the moves.

Is this a good thing? Remember, supposedly C******n was a "technician" OL coach, and his OLs weren't any better than Barney's. As a matter of fact, I remember when Barney came in and simplified the blocking, the O-Lineman stated what a breath of fresh air that was. All I know is that our OL coaching needs improvement, I'm hoping Garrison can do that.

The more I read and hear about these coaches, the more I'm liking the moves.

They might have a had a breath of fresh air because of simplification but Callahan did coach up that line. Slauson and Nicks both start on NFL teams. Who could you say on this team has that kind of ability?