Blake Lawrence on concusions.

n.e.husker

Blake shares about concusions and the affect they have.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/article_dbb2bf82-7b74-54e0-aec2-0c03d4b8bcef.html

As the Nebraska Legislature prepares to take up a bill on safety guidelines governing head injuries in student athletes, Lawrence appeared alongside brain experts as the example of what's at stake.

"They're risking their long-term health to play a freaking game," Lawrence said of the athletes.

Blake shares about concusions and the affect they have.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/article_dbb2bf82-7b74-54e0-aec2-0c03d4b8bcef.html

As the Nebraska Legislature prepares to take up a bill on safety guidelines governing head injuries in student athletes, Lawrence appeared alongside brain experts as the example of what's at stake.

"They're risking their long-term health to play a freaking game," Lawrence said of the athletes.

Rock stars with a different drug. What's the price of glory? Millions a year and a lower quality of life later. I'm all for protecting kids though. Also, the mentality of being able to "play through a concussion" in the professional ranks (or any ranks) has to change. Roster sizes as small as they are in the NFL are, quite frankly, ridiculous to me given the length of the season. Anyway, I've seen it with my players. The school is taking concussions very seriously now. They take a similar test to what is given prior to entering/exiting the airborne upon suspicion of head injury and aren't allowed to return until they demonstrate the same mental capacity. The world in general is paying a lot more attention to TBI now.

I have always been concerned about this, not so much for high school and college kids but younger ones, that usually plays in summer leagues. I've seen 7 or 8 year olds playing football, its one thing to play a normal game without pads just to have fun, and it another to see them running full speed and getting hit. Need less to say its a good read if you wanted to know what was going on with Blake Lawerence.