Logan Ehlers

Did anyone read the article on the Wichita State pitcher?

edit* Baseball America Link: click it to read

Baseball America Article

Exact same scenario (EXACT) and he was given only a 30 game suspension. Again I have to ask, why would one player get a 60 game while another player from a less conference get a 30 game and where on earth is the manager of the player getting the double penalty? Anderwatson's time has come and gone. Time to find a new leader. This season is quickly becoming an embarrassment.

Ok Hacker, you've had some great posts about the ball club and obviously back the team a lot, but this one is off. The writer of the article did a great job of bringing up the inconsistencies with the NCAA rulings and this is nothing new to anyone that has scratched their head over the NCAA's rulings. That is another thread in itself and something that many of us on this board has scoffed at.

However, Anderson has been VERY vocal about his displeasure in the ruling and adament in his request for an appeal. This is where it is tricky though. Anderson really has no involvement with the appeal process. This lies solely in the hands of NU's Compliance Comittee and the AD department. So this something that can't be chalked up to Mike Anderson hatred.

Mike Anderson will be around when NU goes to the Big Ten. Bank on it. It is the same rhetoric being thrown around Doc. Until there is a new AD with a different vision of the athletic programs, you'll just have to do like the rest of us and buck up and ride it out. WHo knows this team may suprise us all, of course the same was said about the basketball team after the Texas game.

Yes, the compliance committee and athletic department are the ones to organize and implement the appeal. My point is, Anderson acting as the programs leader, is seemingly scoffing on deaf ears. There is a reason for this. Do you think if Van Horn was here that our athletic department would so quickly roll over and play dead? I'll admit that my disdain towards Anderson clouds my judgment and its only "my" speculation that thinks had Van Horn remained in Lincoln, Ehlers would be playing much earlier but... the truth is, Ehlers isn't playing and a player from a rival that committed the exact infraction is. I only ask why and reason that it has to be a result of one coach/athletic department "not" backing down and the other rolling over.

Yes, the compliance committee and athletic department are the ones to organize and implement the appeal. My point is, Anderson acting as the programs leader, is seemingly scoffing on deaf ears. There is a reason for this. Do you think if Van Horn was here that our athletic department would so quickly roll over and play dead? I'll admit that my disdain towards Anderson clouds my judgment and its only "my" speculation that thinks had Van Horn remained in Lincoln, Ehlers would be playing much earlier but... the truth is, Ehlers isn't playing and a player from a rival that committed the exact infraction is. I only ask why and reason that it has to be a result of one coach/athletic department "not" backing down and the other rolling over.

The NCAA denied Wichita State's appeal. The NCAA leviid these different punishments for the same craime. This is the first that I have even seen the situation at WSU. The UNL people do not know what is going on in other programs regarding violations and their punishments. If I was in their shoes I would definitely be throwing this case in my appeal. Same "crime", different penalties. Doesn't make sense but what that has came out of the NCAA's offices has?

This again is above Anderson and the people in the AD offices aren't exactly the biggest barn burners if you haven't noticed. And if Van Horn was still here would there be a different response, maybe, maybe not, it was an entirely different administration staff.

Again you are barking up the wrong tree if you are trying to put this on MA.