Logan Ehlers

Well as rumored Logan Ehlers must sit out for 60% of the regular season. Tough break for Anderson. Hopefully the starting pitching can keep it up and stay healthy, but I think that is asking a lot. Logan would have been very helpful for a whole season. See ya halfway through the conference.

NU is appealing, Anderson is ticked. April 12 against Wichita State is the earliest debut date pending appeal.

Thank you sir may I have another

So lemme see if I got this right. You intentionally and knowingly sell merchandise given to you by your university, after having gone through three years of compliance conferences/education, and you get suspended for 33% of your season. But you still get to play in your team's bowl game.

However, if you talk to a guy about the MLB draft - just talk to a guy - who then talks to an MLB team, that warrants missing 60% of your team's season, possibly costing them a post-season berth. No money changes hands, no favors were given, nothing of the kind happened. They just talked - and that's without the kid ever going through an NCAA-sanctioned compliance class.

Brilliant, NCAA. That makes perfect sense. :facepalm:

• Fire 1

So lemme see if I got this right. You intentionally and knowingly sell merchandise given to you by your university, after having gone through three years of compliance conferences/education, and you get suspended for 33% of your season. But you still get to play in your team's bowl game.

However, if you talk to a guy about the MLB draft - just talk to a guy - who then talks to an MLB team, that warrants missing 60% of your team's season, possibly costing them a post-season berth. No money changes hands, no favors were given, nothing of the kind happened. They just talked - and that's without the kid ever going through an NCAA-sanctioned compliance class.

NCAA compliance just sent a clear message to any Kid getting drafted out of High School. If you get a decent contract pursue the MLB because they will penalize you for choosing to go to college. SHOCKING BUT NOT SURPRISING. THE NCAA IS A JOKE WITH COWARDS RUNNING THE SHOW!!!!!! LETS PUNISH A KID FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!

This is an absolute joke, but look at the positives...

Ehlers will be back before the KSU series, which he can get work against Wichita on the 12th, that weekend vs KSU, then rest before we travel to OU for arguably the most important series in conference play.. he's also then back for UT, Baylor, A&M, and Mizzou.. If there were three series I would say he has to miss, Tech, KU, and OSU are probably those 3....

love it, knapplc.

must add the 'lying' or 'withholding information' angle...dez bryant, anyone? the NCAA can kiss my ass. Everything that is going on, especially when you include the bullsh#t Ehlers case...my god. Its infuriating. A top coach gets off with a slap on the wrist and a game check, while he's overseen a program with 400+ secondary violations...now this. His players take the hit and miss more than a coach that covered it up in Ohio...and its obvious as hell. Man. AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH>

This whole NCAA thing is a sham. Something must be done.

• 3 weeks later...

love it, knapplc.

must add the 'lying' or 'withholding information' angle...dez bryant, anyone? the NCAA can kiss my ass. Everything that is going on, especially when you include the bullsh#t Ehlers case...my god. Its infuriating. A top coach gets off with a slap on the wrist and a game check, while he's overseen a program with 400+ secondary violations...now this. His players take the hit and miss more than a coach that covered it up in Ohio...and its obvious as hell. Man. AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH>

This whole NCAA thing is a sham. Something must be done.

:clap Agree on every point with this issue!

Did anyone read the article on the Wichita State pitcher?

edit* Baseball America Link: click it to read

Baseball America Article

Exact same scenario (EXACT) and he was given only a 30 game suspension. Again I have to ask, why would one player get a 60 game while another player from a less conference get a 30 game and where on earth is the manager of the player getting the double penalty? Anderwatson's time has come and gone. Time to find a new leader. This season is quickly becoming an embarrassment.