30 on 30 and HBO BBall Specials

Putting this here for the discussion purposes I guess.

Anyhow, I will say bravo to both ESPN and HBO for their documentaries on the Fab Five and the 90-91 UNLV Runnin' Rebels. Both were put together well and were very entertaining.

Talk about some great flashbacks. I remember playing ball in the driveway pretending to be Anderson Hunt and then Jalen Rose. Both teams transcended the game partly to what it is now.

Both teams were just star studded and athletic as hell. THe Fab Five with Rose, Weber, Howard, King and Jackson all Top 50 recruits. And then at UNLV you had Larry Johnson, Anderson Hunt, Greg Anthony, and Stacey Augmon. Man those were the days.

The uptempo style, high flying finishes, and attitude of UNLV seemed to start it all. The Fab Five continued it and added the black socks and did the sport the greatest thing ever, showed the crotch hugging shorts the door.

So I know many will say both teams were dirty, cheaters, arrogant, etc but you can't deny how they evolved the game. So all opinions and discussion is welcome.